I just love people!

dubljay

Master of Arts
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
OK ignore the sarcasm of the title. I really hate people actually. I just discovered that my car had been broken into and my CD player stolen. I'm not so much upset about the CD player being stolen as the window being smashed out to get it. Honestly who breaks into a beat up looking 91 jetta to get a generic CD player.

kaioken.gif
tantrum.gif
bigun2.gif
mad3.gif
mwah.gif

I suppose it's my fault. Being so close to campus I don't drive my car that much. I haven't checked on it or moved it in a few days so I was really making it an inviting target.

Also I should look at the bright side of the situation: A) I still have a car, at least they didn't steal the whole car. B) They broke out a small window in the back to pop the doors instead of busting out the driver side window or the windshield.

Damn it! I was having a good weekend too! Ah well such is life, no real use in whining about it I guess.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Man...

They came up to my house and stole my garbage cans.

GARBAGE CANS, fer cryin out loud.

Raewyn

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I had my car broken into twice in one month!!! Just for the car speakers!!! They left the stereo behind, who knows!! :idunno:

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My girlfriend, when ever she wanted to get rid of a household item, would just leave it by their back lane, it was gone within a day. She couldn't leave a door mat at her back door, they would come and take that too!

K

Kempogeek

dubljay said:
OK ignore the sarcasm of the title. I really hate people actually. I just discovered that my car had been broken into and my CD player stolen. I'm not so much upset about the CD player being stolen as the window being smashed out to get it. Honestly who breaks into a beat up looking 91 jetta to get a generic CD player.

kaioken.gif
tantrum.gif
bigun2.gif
mad3.gif
mwah.gif

I suppose it's my fault. Being so close to campus I don't drive my car that much. I haven't checked on it or moved it in a few days so I was really making it an inviting target.

Also I should look at the bright side of the situation: A) I still have a car, at least they didn't steal the whole car. B) They broke out a small window in the back to pop the doors instead of busting out the driver side window or the windshield.

Damn it! I was having a good weekend too! Ah well such is life, no real use in whining about it I guess.
True. But it's just the idea of some a-hole taking something that you worked for and bought for your pleasure. It's pretty pathetic when they are too lazy to get a job and work for what they want. At my job one night, I saw that someone stole something that was a dollar. Geez, I know times are hard but not that hard. Like I said, pathetic. There are things that I want to get but Im willing to work 3rd shift 5 nights a week to pay for it. Good luck and be safe......Steve

Sarah

Senior Master
Reaction score
Lisa said:
My girlfriend, when ever she wanted to get rid of a household item, would just leave it by their back lane, it was gone within a day. She couldn't leave a door mat at her back door, they would come and take that too!
Your joking...the DOOR MAT....... :xtrmshock

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Dubjay people are idiots sometimes 91 jetta stock cd player $12.00 at the pawn shop, that right a 12 pack of beer foe a college drunk. Sorry that happen to you.

Terry

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sorry to hear this.

The cops caught a guy in the act of doing this to my brother's car while he was at the movies with his daughter. My brotehr got to see him hauled away. :)

OP
D

dubljay

Master of Arts
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Garbage cans, door mats, lightbulbs, a single speaker... good greif it makes me wonder what this world is coming to.

Gin-Gin

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that happened, dubljay - that sucks! :( Yeah, it could have been worse, but IMHO you have a right to be mad about it. I would be. Glad you still have a car & that no one got hurt during the burglary.
dubljay said:
Garbage cans, door mats, lightbulbs, a single speaker... good grief it makes me wonder what this world is coming to.
Me too.

hemi

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your car I know how it feels. About two years ago my house got broke into. They took all my guns my wife’s jewelry box (my SS card was in there) and they took the remotes to my TV’s but left the TV’s at the house. This still has me kind of screwed every time one of the kids hit the wrong button I have a heck of a time getting the TV to menu so I can put it back on video. What got me the most was that one they destroyed my front door and at that time I was living in a mobile home? You can’t just run to Home Depot and get another door so I missed a day of work looking for a mobile home door. And the other thing was that when they broke the glass front on my gun case my cat cut his feet and got blood everywhere. The fact that my cat got hurt really got me PO.

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
I had my mustang stolen from my school campus, right during midterms. I just finished making the last payment on it too. grrr. miss that car. did not have enough money planned to get a nice replacement. people can suck.

MrH

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
dubljay said:
Garbage cans, door mats, lightbulbs, a single speaker... good greif it makes me wonder what this world is coming to.
I'm pretty sure it's called "meth."

*sigh*

Hang in there, man.

OP
D

dubljay

Master of Arts
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I just want to thank everyone for helping keep a postive attitude about this. All the work that I have put into this car, it makes it that much more insulting to have it exploited by another.

Thanks again everyone.

-Joshua

Shodan

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your car.

We just got back from a vacation over at the ocean (Trinidad area) and along one of the ocean drives, there were 3 windows broken out of 3 different cars- I think they do this while folks are down on the beach below enjoying the day- they do it on the street side and it must be quick. Saw broken glass on the road at some of our favorite beach parking lots too. Sad.

Hope you can repair it easily and that it doesn't happen again.

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I will never forget the day my husband came flying into our then apartment telling me the wheels had just fallen off the car as he backed it out of the parking spot. I guess someone was trying to steal the wheels and became interrupted and took off after removing all the lug nuts from the wheels. Then, when our next door neighbour pulled the tarp off of his car that he was storing for the winter, he found his car up on blocks.

dubljay, really truly am sorry to here about your troubles. It is just such a pain in the butt to deal with.

People are strange...

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Lisa said:
I will never forget the day my husband came flying into our then apartment telling me the wheels had just fallen off the car as he backed it out of the parking spot. I guess someone was trying to steal the wheels and became interrupted and took off after removing all the lug nuts from the wheels. Then, when our next door neighbour pulled the tarp off of his car that he was storing for the winter, he found his car up on blocks.
Football teams are underfunded I guess, they need to get tires to run through somehow...

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Where I am in Indiana, it's definitely due to meth. We have a large rate of crimes like these.

Latest Discussions