I ate a bacon cheeseburger today.

Sam

Senior Master
Reaction score
And it was good.

Thus ends 24 months of my vegetarian lifestyle.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome back to the world of carnivours? Are planning to stay or will you return to the Vegan lifestyle??

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
mmmm...bacon cheeseburger. Now I know what to have for lunch today. :D

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
About time you realized that vegetarianism is contrary to the natural order of things... :uhyeah:

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Better that you ate it, than it ate you.

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
A bacon cheeseburger!?!?!

What a way to (gr)ease your way back into the omnivore world. LOL.

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
*salivates uncontrollably*

There is this place nearby that serves the BEST burgers... cajun fries with that please :D man... got me hungry already! hehe

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sam said:
And it was good.

Thus ends 24 months of my vegetarian lifestyle.

If you don't mind asking, did you have tummy aches afterwards? from people I've talked with, after fasting or going vegetarian for a long time, they have a bit of difficulty digesting meat and/or greasy food.

What made you change your mind and change your diet?

bobster_ice

Black Belt
Reaction score
Tell me this...Why do vegaterians think they are "killing" the animal they are eating when it is already dead?

Im asking this because my ex girlfriend is a vegaterian.

OP
S

Sam

Senior Master
Reaction score
Drac - I was never Vegan, only vegetarian. I still ate milk and cheese and honey and butter and stuff. As for, should I stay or should I go, not quite sure. Because as Mr. H pointed out, while my stomach wasn't actually hurting, it was uneasy later in the evening. But while I was eating, I was perfectly fine.

As for what changed my mind... I wanted a bacon cheeseburger.

It also might interest some of you that I could NOT find information on the healthy way to STOP being a vegetarian. There is TONS of it out there on how to BECOME one, but not how to phase out of it.

Odd.

EDIT: to bobby - because it wouldnt have been killed if there wasnt a demand to eat it.

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome aboard!

There are many advantages to eating meat, and when it comes to getting easy-to-use iron, nothing beats red meat. I honestly tried a vegetarian diet for a two month period, and felt anemic.

It's all good, in moderation. One step at a time, one day at a time.

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
bobster_ice said:
Tell me this...Why do vegaterians think they are "killing" the animal they are eating when it is already dead?

Some people do it for that reason (I just can't kill that cute fuzzy animal!), some for religious reasons, some for health reasons (lose weight, lower cholesterol, etc). Some for all or some of the above combined.

One bad joke a vet friend of mine says... PETA stands for People Eating Tasty Animals

hehe

Swordlady

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sam said:
Drac - I was never Vegan, only vegetarian. I still ate milk and cheese and honey and butter and stuff. As for, should I stay or should I go, not quite sure. Because as Mr. H pointed out, while my stomach wasn't actually hurting, it was uneasy later in the evening. But while I was eating, I was perfectly fine.

Your body hasn't processed meat in a while, which is why you felt a bit uneasy. At least you didn't get sick, like some other vegetarians who went back to eating meat. If I were you, I'd still watch my intake of beef for a while, since it is harder to digest. Definitely hold off on the filet mignon. ;)

HKphooey

Senior Master
Reaction score
bobster_ice said:

Well there are too schools, vegetarian and vegan. I have a vegan friend that gave me a DVD of how food processing plants slaughter and treat the animals. Pretty disturbing - But the next day I polished off 30 buffalo wings. :) It is not so much the killing of the animal, it is the way they are killed.

Sometimes he can drive me nuts. He will not drink wine because most wines are filtered through animal skins and stomach linings. Once again, the next day I had bottle of wine. :)

When it come down to it, how do we know tomatoes are not screaming when we slice them up?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
HKphooey said:
Sometimes he can drive me nuts. He will not drink wine because most wines are filtered through animal skins and stomach linings. Once again, the next day I had bottle of wine. :)

When it come down to it, how do we know tomatoes are not screaming when we slice them up?

Imagine what the grapes did when they were CRUSHED!!!!

Latest Discussions