I am Canadian!!! A slightly different version...

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My name is Bob, and I am Canadian.
I was born in 1972, yet I am responsible for every problem in this country since the 1800's.
I pay import tax on cars made in Ontario.
I am allowed to skydive and smoke, but I am not allowed to drive without a seat belt.
All the money I make up until mid July must go to paying taxes.
I live and work among people who believe Americans are ignorant. These same people cannot name this country's new territory.

Although I am sometimes forced to live on Kraft dinner and don't have a pot to piss in, I sleep well knowing that my military can't afford the equipment to protect me, either.

Although they are unpatriotic and constantly try to separate, Quebec still provides my nation's prime ministers.
95% of my nation's international conflicts are over fish.
I believe that paying a 200% tax on alcohol is fair.
I believe that the same tax on gasoline is also fair.
Even if I have no idea what happened to that old rifle my grandfather gave me when I was 14, I will be considered a criminal if I don't register it.

I often badmouth the United States and then vacation there three times a year.
I believe spending $15 billion to promote the French language in the rest of Canada is fair when the province of Quebec doesn't support or recognize the English language.

I'm supposed to believe that paying $288,200 to the Prime Minister so he can continue to ruin this country after losing an important vote in Parliament is fair, and paying $10 an hour to someone who works 12 hour shifts at forty below on an oil rig is fair.

I believe that paying $30 million for 3 Stripes ("The Voice of Fire") by the National Art Gallery was a good purchase, even though 99% of this country didn't want it or will ever see it.

When I look at my pay stub and realize that I take home a third of what I actually make, I say "Oh well, at least we have better health care than the Americans." Then I wait a week to see my doctor about these tension headaches...

I must bail out farmers when their crops are too wet or too dry because I control the rain.
My national anthem has versions in both official languages and I don't know either of them.
Canada is the highest taxed nation in North America, the biggest military buffer for the United States, and the number one destination for fleeing terrorists.

I am not an angry white male. I am an angry taxpayer who is broke.
My name is Bob, and I am Canadian.

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Things are the same all over eh Lisa?.... ;)

OP
Lisa

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Tgace said:
Things are the same all over eh Lisa?.... ;)

Yup ;)

and for the record...

its Nunavut and a month to see the doctor ;)

Rob Broad

Master of Arts
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I live less than an hour from teh Quebec border and the only words I know in french are enough to get me a black or fat lip.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Rob Broad said:
I live less than an hour from teh Quebec border and the only words I know in french are enough to get me a black or fat lip.

I know enough ;) to get the fat lip and also, to ask basic directions or read signs. I always thought it funny that Quebec there were no english signs. :idunno:

I was in Maine at a water park, and a French family were really ripping on all the Americans, and then the Mother asked what Time it was. I responded in French, being in a French class at the time that required you to ask all your questions in French including permission to leave for the restroom. She was surprised that any American could undersand her, and was red, as she was the biggest complainer. Her husband just smiled and laughed.

I like to visit Canada from time to time or to drive through to the East Coast. I have friends there, and I think it has nice people on the whole.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My wife, sho took Spanish in high school rather than French, went out shopping for us in Montreal one night. She found it very frustrating!

Right now, I am occasionally in stores that are Spanish-only here in NM.

T

TonyM.

I live in Vermont and work in the hospitality business. I almost always wait for my French Canadian guests to start to leave before I speak to them in French. They are almost always embarassed. They should be. It was fun growing up in Louisianna.

Latest Discussions