Hyung Question - Choong Moo

Spookey

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Dear All,

I am wondering who can provide me any reference material showing why Choong Moo has 30 movements. I know Mr. Anslow has done quite a bit of research on the patterns, so I am hoping he can be of assistance.
Honestly, I am simply needing to know if there is a specific reason for the number of movements as is the case with many other Chong Hun Hyung!

Regards,
Spookey

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well I would guess the only ones that can answer why so many movements would be the creator of the said Tul. I have not senn in any book why it has so many.

StuartA

Black Belt
Reaction score
Off the top of my head, I recall my notes had it as it being to do with a Japanese invasion in 1596 or 97 (I cant remember off head), where his fleet (Admiral Yi's) consisted of 12 ships and he fought a superior Japanese fleet (of 133 ships I think), destroying 30 of them and making the others flee in terror. He hunted many of the rest down and killed the Japanese admiral. It was a decisive battle in Korean navel history.

Or something like that :)

As a side note, if you add up the moves in the patterns theres actually 32, even though the manuals say 30 - combination moves were counted as one sometimes to make it fit the magic 30)

Stuart

Latest Discussions