How to beat you?

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So here's the deal, you've been cloned (damn those aliens) and are coaching someone to fight your clone. What's the game plan? What's the best way to beat you?

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The best way to beat me in sparring compitition is to be faster then me power will only piss me off, but speed can control the fight to wear me out, at my age it about a sudden burst not the marathon match.
Terry

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Andrew Green said:
So here's the deal, you've been cloned (damn those aliens) and are coaching someone to fight your clone. What's the game plan? What's the best way to beat you?

From a LEO officer friend of mine: "I would call S.W.A.T" and take you out at a greater distance.

Since this is in the MMA section I assume that food and beer are not an option for if so, I would sit down and eat with him and drink little and then wait for the right point in a debate to take him out.

To take myself on, in an all MMA event, I would have just give it 110% and wait for the mistake that eventually will happen :)

Thinking on the subject . . .

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
While in side mount and applying a scarf hold, lean all your weight on my left ribs...that usually pretty much loses it for me. Chronic rib problems are a pain :(

Navarre

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Physically we'd be evenly matched. He would have difficulty taking advantage of my weaknesses because they are his weaknesses too.

For example, I have good muscle tone but I'm not strong..but then he wouldn't be either. If he worked to become strong then it wouldn't be any different than fighting anyone else; he wouldn't be me anymore.

So, the only way an exact double could beat me is by employing things he would know about me psychologically that other ppl don't. His best bet is to beg off, saying he knows he can't beat me.

Then, although acknowledging my physical skills, start talking to me about why I would ever bother fighting someone. He'd point out to me that my children wouldn't respect my violence and acting like a thug won't really win the affection of any women.

He'd wear me down until I became preoccupied emotionally and lost focus of the moment. He'd bid me farewell.

...Then, when I turned to walk away, he'd waffle me with a tire iron!

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Lisa said:
While in side mount and applying a scarf hold, lean all your weight on my left ribs...that usually pretty much loses it for me. Chronic rib problems are a pain :(

Lisa, I suffer form ticklish ribs, and when people are demonstrating and not really fighting, it sometimes tickles and I laugh and react to pass the knees or get free.

OP
A

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
For me -> Where a gi and know how to use it, I do no gi stuff at all and suck with one on, or even with an opponent wearing and using one.

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Rich Parsons said:
Lisa, I suffer form ticklish ribs, and when people are demonstrating and not really fighting, it sometimes tickles and I laugh and react to pass the knees or get free.

Rich, My youngest daughter bursts out laughing while grappling whenever anyone comes in close proximity of her neck, she is extremely ticklish there so chokes and such are really funny and pretty much make her forget what she is doing, lol. :D

Solidman82

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I'm not comfortable exposing my weaknesses to a large group of martial artists. It just seems like the group you would least want to know your vulnerable points.

Navarre

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
arnisador said:
Each distracted by the other's good looks, you mean?
Aah, you've spotted my weakness. Should there be two of us the seething flock of nubile young women, exasperated at our rugged handsomeness, would be too much for those young ladies' hearts to bear.

I would hate to be the cause of their future woe as they were forced to live a life without me...and me.

Solidman82 said:
I'm not comfortable exposing my weaknesses to a large group of martial artists. It just seems like the group you would least want to know your vulnerable points.
You are wise, noble adversary. Yet you shall not prevail. We will discover your weakness. Long live The Brotherhood of Shadows!

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Lisa said:
Rich, My youngest daughter bursts out laughing while grappling whenever anyone comes in close proximity of her neck, she is extremely ticklish there so chokes and such are really funny and pretty much make her forget what she is doing, lol. :D

Well when someone is trying to do a move on me and I laugh there is someone else around that usually makes comments like; "Look he is laughing at you." or "See he is laughing at your technique." or "You obviously are not choking him if he is laughing." This only makes the opponent more frustrated, which most times makes me laugh harder. NOTE: By no means am I an accomplished grappler on the ground, I just practice what little I know. :)

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'd take my clone out to the clubs and find the hottest girls and get him (the clone) drunk and to which he'll wake up the next morning and realize what a great guy I am and we become buddies... I send him to my job to work 18 hours a day while I go out caving and/or learn more martial arts.

:idunno: <simple>

Shaolinwind

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Andrew Green said:

The clone slayer would most definitely need to be briefed on all the sparring tricks, specifically fake-outs and abnormal combos

Latest Discussions