How Tie a Traditional Karate Pant

Willard814

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I have a Ronin brand traditional karate pant with one loop in the middle on the front of the pants. I'm not quite sure I am tying it correctly because it becomes lose during training. Can someone please instruct me on how to tie my pants the right way?

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I usually just use a square knot (right over left/left over right). You might ask some of your senior classmates.

MilkManX

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I tie it like I tie my shoes. Stays put for the most part and you can always double knot it if you have too. :)

harlan

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Don't know the 'correct' way, but I was instructed that the loop was just a guide. After drawing the cord through the loop, I tie a square knot off-center. Doesn't ever come undone.

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
I usually pull the strings so that the pants waist has just a bit of looseness to it. Then feed then through the loop and tie it like a shoelace, then I roll the whole waistband over once, thus enveloping the knot and taking up the bit of slack I had left in the waist.

texas_rebel_1980

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I usually pull the strings so that the pants waist has just a bit of looseness to it. Then feed then through the loop and tie it like a shoelace, then I roll the whole waistband over once, thus enveloping the knot and taking up the bit of slack I had left in the waist.

i do this except not through the loop. i roll the waist band a couple times to draw the crotch of the pants all the way up so i can move freely.

Latest Discussions