how often do you train?

JC2005

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
alright well I was just wondering how often does everyone here train inside and outside of there dojo?

JC2005:)

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I train everyday, 6 days at the Dojang and then 7 days at home weather it wieght or poomse or kicking drill or hand work. One must train all aspect of there mind and body.
Terry

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Generally for a couple hours a day, usually from 3 to 6 days a week, depending on how life is treating me. Most often, closer to 6.

AdrenalineJunky

Black Belt
Reaction score
terryl965 said:
I train everyday, 6 days at the Dojang and then 7 days at home weather it wieght or poomse or kicking drill or hand work. One must train all aspect of there mind and body.
Terry

One must train in English composition, as well! J/K

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
AdrenalineJunky said:
One must train in English composition, as well! J/K

Why is english that important to you, I know it is to my wife who is a english major. Me just a math major, english bad subject for a coutry boy.
Terry
icon7.gif

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I train with my students 3 times a week and I train at home the other 4

At home it may be mental training as well a physical you know those times when you visualize something over and over till you have worked out all the possibilities and worked a technique until your mind understands the movement better

OP
JC2005

JC2005

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
thank you everyone, I was just checking to see if I was training myself like everyone else. I'll be grading for black belt next year so I wanted to be veyr ready for it. I would have tested this year but my sensei and I decided to wait till next year. but thank you for everyone who replied.

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I train in one thing or another every week night. I want to add Saturday, but I'm still working on that.

BTW. Love the avatar.

karatekid1975

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I train Monday night, Thursday night, and Saturday morning in the dojang for TKD. We have hour classes, but I usually stick around for another hour to practice on my own.

Friday or saturday night for jujitsu (for two hours, at least).

At home, I do what I can. My schedule is a little "screwy" sometimes. But I try to, at least, beat on B.O.B for a while or do my forms. But lately, I have been busting my **** for my test this saturday. I try to train everyday.

mj-hi-yah

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It varies for me. Anywhere from 3 to 5 days a week. 5 is my favorite, but it's not easy being a parent and martial artist. So three is more realistic. Usually two days and at least one night. When I was preparing for my black belt it was a lot more!! Good luck in your journey and let us know how your progress goes in getting ready for your test! :asian:

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I train four times a week. Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays at the regular classes in the dojo, for about 2-3 hours at a time, and then by myself on Sunday in the dojo, when nobody else is around. I use Sunday's to train in the styles I previously trained in, so that I don't lose the knowledge.

I used to train six times a week, but that got cut back once I started teaching all of the classes on Mondays and Wednesdays.

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Somehow, a duplicate post came...

Shaolinwind

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
JC2005 said:
alright well I was just wondering how often does everyone here train inside and outside of there dojo?

I have a class 6 days a week, I typically get up in the AM and put in anywhere between 45 minutes and 2 hours, depending on how motivated I am. I try to do 3 hours a day but really most of the time it's more like 2.

bcbernam777

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I try to train 7 days a week, 2.5-3 hours a time, at home, I train on Wednesdays, some Fridays, and on Saturdays for 2-3 hours with Sifu So all up 25-27 hours a week. I want to try to do more.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Right now, one class each day (about 45 min.), 5-6 days/week, at the school, plus what I do on my own.

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Depends what's going on at the time, but I usually get at least three workouts in a week, plus since I moved my WaveMaster by my bed a whole bunch of mini-workouts that add up over time to increased proficiency.

Shaolinwind

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
bcbernam777 said:
I try to train 7 days a week, 2.5-3 hours a time, at home, I train on Wednesdays, some Fridays, and on Saturdays for 2-3 hours with Sifu So all up 25-27 hours a week. I want to try to do more.

Months ago I got severely scolded on MT for not taking a day off..

OnlyAnEgg

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have class 3 days a week @ 1 hr/class. I train on my own, weights and kata/basics, for 3 other nights and slack off on Sunday.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Depending on what my work schedule is like, will determine how many times I get to a class. On a regular basis, 4 classes. On a not so regular basis, its more like 1-3. This of course is not counting time spent at home.

Mike