How many earths do you need?

How many Earths did your level of consumption require? Please vote in the poll AFTER Quiz

• 1-2

• 3-4

• 5-6

• 7-8

• 9-10

• 11-12

• 13-14

• 15-30

• 30 +

• Poll is invalid - explain below

Results are only viewable after voting.
OP
Makalakumu

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I would consider my family to be very green. We buy local and organic. We don't shop till we drop. We don't drive gas guzzlers. We use alternative transportation. And we do everything we are able to keep our energy costs low. Despite this, we still needed 1.5 Earths to survive. Amazing. How in the heck is anyone supposed to live a sustainable lifestyle?

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
2.3 my lord I'm bad, I thought I would be more of a saving person but with five people I guess not.

OP
Makalakumu

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
It's interesting to see just how much my coffee habit adds up to. I would never have thought that. I need to research that more...

Phoenix44

Master of Arts
Reaction score

But I have some real problems with their "norms" for fuel prices. There's no way the average gas, electric or oil bill is as low as they claim in this part of the country ($37/month??? Where? I've never heard of anyone paying that little in this part of the universe.) I don't think I'm using more fuel than anyone else..I just think I'm paying A LOT more for each unit. And since they're calculating by the dollars you spend, not the Kwh or therms, it skews way up.

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
It's interesting to see just how much my coffee habit adds up to. I would never have thought that. I need to research that more...

I was surprised to find that my food and groceries made a much larger impact than my daily commute. I don't drink coffee, wine, and only have a beer very occasionally.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Game froze up on me. Maybe its because I was using recycled bits? :idunno: ;)

FieldDiscipline

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
3.4! Gutted. I think the fuel prices over here are much higher and they still came at 1. Most were 1 or 2 actually, It was food that did it I'm afraid at a whopping 7!

Very interesting, thanks for posting.

OP
Makalakumu

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
One of the reasons food is so high is because of the amount of energy it takes to grow and transport. Our current industrial agriculture system produces 1 calorie of food for every 10 calories of energy input.

agemechanic03

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Ok, this must be some kind of reverse psycho crap or somethin b/c my score kept going up. I mean, I'm in Korea for cryin out loud and i don't you use any of that. Like the transportation, I can't drive a POV, for the leisure one, it was all rarely/ hardly ever, and yet my points STILL went up!!! I live in a dorm room on a base, so I WALK or ride my BICYCLE EVERYWHERE!!! Crazy stuff....I somehow scored a 3.9!!!!

Blotan Hunka

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Look at the site its coming from. I wouldnt put much stock in the accuracy of something like this.