How many days

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Just wondering how many days do you train hard, I mean you go two or three hours at full speed and if so do you give yourself a day off afterward or just do light training for those off days.
Terry

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
terryl965 said:
Just wondering how many days do you train hard, I mean you go two or three hours at full speed and if so do you give yourself a day off afterward or just do light training for those off days.
Terry

I train hard 5 days a week. Tuesday-Saturday for about 1hr 30 min each time. If I am not doing it at full speed then I am concentrating on P.S.T
Posture Stance & Technique.

I need time off cause my weeks are really long and getting to me. I also help teach the kids class so that wears down on me. I know I need a vacation though. Working full time, being an assitant instructor, cross training and then training in my own adult class wears on you. Not to mention a g/f (there go my sat afternoons and sundays). There is not enough time in my days for just me.

bobster_ice

Black Belt
Reaction score
I train hard four days a week - Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday and saturdays. The rest of the week I practise my kata`s, techniques etc.

Slihn

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I train six days and week; which is I vary the intensity.I once read in a weight training book,that it is not wise to training extra hard every day(or every workout session).I have two workout sessions a week for my ,biceps,
shoulders triceps and chest workouts(I have only one session a week for my thighs and calves to prevent knee damage)

My Training schedule:

Monday- 45mins of weighted cardio(morning)
Heavy Bag solo training (morning)
1 1/2 hours of Muay Thai (plyometrics & aerobics included) (evenings)

Tues 1 1/2 hour sof Muay Thai(evenings)
Moderate Weight training(shoulders chest and abs)(night)

Weds 45 mins of weighted cardio(morning)
Heavy Bag solo training (morning)
Biceps and weighted abs (afternoon and evening)

Thursay 1 1/2 hours of Muay Thai
Weight Training (Thighs and Calves)

Fri Heavy Weight Training Burnouts (to near muscle failure) on shoulders
chest and abs(evening)

Sat Heavy Cardio,45 mins of weighted aerobics and 45 mins a heavy shadowboxing and Solo heavy bag training.

Sun Rest

My schedule is fitted(along with high consumption of water and a low fat high complex carb diet) so that I am able to work out every segment of my body,build explosive power,increased stamnia all while obtaining an ample amount of rest(crtical for recovery).Everyday is not a gut wrenching workout,to do so would tax the body beyond its capability to rebuild itself in an decent amount of time.

Well,Good training!

fireman00

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Mon, Wed and Fri - at the dojang, full throttle.
Tues - college courses
Thur - dojang closed, but work out at home, half speed through all my (empty hand and weapons).
Sat - if I have the time all out at the dojang, if not I practice half speed at home.
Sun - football, NASCAR or a good movie.

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I train 3 days a week & teach two.

Monday, Wednesday, & Friday
I run 2-5 miles. Then work on abs & arms. Then I work on pomse for a while. I end with stretching.

Tuesdays & Thursdays
I teach class. One hour each. I wish I had more time to train.

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Officially, 1 day for 3 hours. However, often I lead a class on Sunday when family schedule permits. I will be glad when we go back to 2 days a week for 3 hours each day.

However, everyday I am always training something (in movement).

Latest Discussions