how did bruce lee train?

sendo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
im really interested to know how he trained to get so fit and what his diet was...anyone have any sources?

OP
S

sendo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
hmm....i got a problem with torrents and im not sure whats wrong....whenever im downloading it will randomly disconnect my internet connection and my phoneline goes out also because it's connected (comcast) and then i have to reset my router to fix it....so i cant use torrents >.> could someone upload these 2 books to megaupload, rapidshare, or filefront or soemthing pleaseee :]

or tell me how to fix my torrent problem :p

Toby

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
hmm....i got a problem with torrents and im not sure whats wrong....whenever im downloading it will randomly disconnect my internet connection and my phoneline goes out also because it's connected (comcast) and then i have to reset my router to fix it....so i cant use torrents >.> could someone upload these 2 books to megaupload, rapidshare, or filefront or soemthing pleaseee :]

or tell me how to fix my torrent problem :p

Well, what torrent program are you using? I use Utorrent. I have no problems with torrents. Maybe your ISP doesn't allow you to download torrents? I would upload the books but I'm on a 64/256k connection... Long wait. Maybe someone else could though.

Robert Lee

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Most book stores either caryy the books or will oreder the books. Now what bruce did to train well that was for bruce to get the results he wanted. You can use those methods But will get the results that you get from them. Do not train towards getting like Bruce train towards becoming your best.

OP
S

sendo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Do not train towards getting like Bruce train towards becoming your best.
thats what im aiming for :]

Well, what torrent program are you using? I use Utorrent. I have no problems with torrents. Maybe your ISP doesn't allow you to download torrents? I would upload the books but I'm on a 64/256k connection... Long wait. Maybe someone else could though.
i use Utorrent also...ive also tried azureus and bitcomet and i get the same problems

MMAfighter

Green Belt
Reaction score
didn't he have 1% body fat?? That can't be too healthy haha...well then again i hear as a kid he wasn't the healthiest of them all :p

thetruth

Black Belt
Reaction score
didn't he have 1% body fat?? That can't be too healthy haha...well then again i hear as a kid he wasn't the healthiest of them all :p

He was a very good fighter because he trained so much but that definitely doesn't mean he was healthy. He took steroids and chewed hash of some sort so just look at how he became so good at fighting not whether he was healthy. Apart from training really really hard he also trained pretty much every waking hour.

Cheers
Sam :asian:

Robert Lee

Brown Belt
Reaction score
He was a very good fighter because he trained so much but that definitely doesn't mean he was healthy. He took steroids and chewed hash of some sort so just look at how he became so good at fighting not whether he was healthy. Apart from training really really hard he also trained pretty much every waking hour.

Cheers
Sam :asian:
And where did you get your info. Its easy to say something Bruce trained hard to get wher he was. also He really looked into what he believed would help him. as far as the different arts . Every person that trains hard will become better. Few really do this if you look at the thousands training M/A and not going beyond the average Those stand outs such as Bruce are noticed by others. Some find excuses on why they became better and look for a way to discredit them.

OP
S

sendo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
i think the "bruce lee took steroids" is a rumor.....anyways, could someone please upload the books on filefront or rapidshare/megaupload

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have always said Bruce trained one day at a time. As far as your training goes be yourself do not try to be someone else what works for them may not work that way for you.

OP
S

sendo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I have always said Bruce trained one day at a time. As far as your training goes be yourself do not try to be someone else what works for them may not work that way for you.

i just want to get an idea of what kinds of stuff he did and what kind of diet he had

chof

White Belt
Reaction score
He was mental muscular in touch with his body able to shift body weight on a dime,
loose and rigid, his famous saying move like water or be water, his flow was from feel not thinking just acting, practice

chof

White Belt
Reaction score
he didnt eat potatoe chips, rice fish mostly, like many asians try it you will think better

hungfistron

Green Belt
Reaction score
Sendo, If you really want to learn how Bruce trained do the proper research. His training methods can be found all over the internet. Although reading The Tao of Jeet Kune Do, and the Warrior Within will also help you learn the concepts, so that you can know the meaning of why and how he trained. Do the research, and take a part of what is best for you.

Also I wont mention names, but as far as I have researched it wouldnt have been in Bruce's nature to take steroids. The guy hated shortcuts, and he actually weighed more when he began his weight training then he did when he died, at the peak of it. He was about 150 at 5' 7''. When he died he was about 126 pounds. Just look at his size in Fist of Fury, and then look at him in Enter the Dragon.

If anything he trained too hard, but he didn't take steroids. Its really sad that people dismiss all the hard work and sacrifices that the man went through, simply because they cannot fathom a person looking the way he did, naturally.

Logan

Green Belt
Reaction score
He didn't do just one method. He did what any aspiring and amibitious individual does and constantly researched and refined his training methods, keeping what worked for him and discarding the rest.

BL is best used for inspiration not as an example. What worked for him might not work for you and there is so much BS in print on the internet about his life and what he did or didn't do, that you should take everything with a pinch of salt.

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
I would buy the book that was mentioned. Art of Expressing the Human Body by John Little. It kind of progresses from his early training methods to his later training methods and also includes his notes and training journals.

The problem with his training was towards the end he was so spontaneous with what he wanted to do he didn't really keep records like he did in his early days. He would keep equipment lying around the house so he could train whereever he was at. He also had a lot of custom equipment made for himself.

As to whether or not he used steriods. No one knows, it has been rumored that he has but two things need to be considered. 1) Steriods could be obtained and where not banned/illegal substances like today and 2) Even IF he did (no proof that he did), that still doesn't change that you still have to work your butt off to get the results he did. He obviously didn't use steriods to gain muscle mass like bodybuilder's do.