how are tournaments going to be run with new rules next year

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I was wondering if anybody knows how they plan to hold Olympic style tournaments next year. If the USAT or AAU have given any new rule's with hands being legal. Any and all help is important to me at this stage of the game so many people have there views but no-one has said for sure what is going to happen.
Terry Lee Stoker

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Terry,

I think everyone is in the same boat-we are waiting to see what the competition will look like. The WTF announced earlier this week that there will be IR (International Referee) Courses which will include the new rules.

This is from the WTF website (www.wtf.org):
International Referee Refresher Courses based on the new Competition Rules

Ref. No.05/623 September 13, 2005
To: Presidents, Member National Associations International Referees

Re: International Referee Refresher Courses based on the new Competition Rules

This is to notify you that the 17th General Assembly of WTF held in Madrid, Spain on April 12, 2005, has passed the proposal for amendment to the Competition Rules.

The new Competition Rules will be applied to all official events of WTF in 2006, starting from the World Junior Taekwondo Championships to be held in Vietnam on July 26-30, 2006..

We would like to remind you that those who attend the IR Refresher Courses on the new Competition Rules, including the 51st IR Refresher Course held in Seoul, Korea, will be eligible to officiate at the official events of WTF, in accordance with the Regulations on the Administration of the International Referees.

We advise you that, in 2005, the WTF will hold three IR Refresher Courses based on the new Competition Rules. In addition, the IR Refresher Courses for the Pan American and African regions will be held early 2006.

Please be informed that the schedules for the IR Refresher Courses are as follows:

1. Place of educatio IR RC Place Dates Remarks Application deadline 52nd IR RC Kukkiwon, Korea Oct. 19-21, 2005 The number of attendants is limited to 240 Oct. 14, 2005 53nd IR RC Teheran, Iran Nov. 8-10, 2005 Oct. 28, 2005 54nd IR RC Rome, Italy Nov. 22-24, 2005 Nov. 11, 2005
2. Attendance fee
Attendance fee of USD 100 is to be paid at the time of registration on the first day of the course.

3. Things to prepare
Participants are required to bring their dobok, sports shoes and writing tools.

4. Application form
Completed application form should be sent to WTF by e-mail only to the following address: [email protected]

5. Local transportation and hotel reservation
- 52nd IR RC (Korea)
Participants should arrange their own local transportation and hotel reservation

- 53rd IR RC (Iran)
The Taekwondo Federation of Islamic Republic of Iran will arrange local transportation and hotel reservation, as well as visa issuance. Please send your flight schedules to the Taekwondo Federation of I.R. of Iran.
Taekwondo Federation of Islamic Republic of Iran
Tel: 98 21 2242 443 / Fax: 98 21 2242 444
Email: [email protected]

- 54th IR RC (Italy)
The Federazione Italiana Taekwondo will arrange local transportation and hotel reservation. Please send your flight schedules to the federation.
Federazione Italiana Taekwondo
Tel: 39 06 3685 8722 / Fax: 39 06 3685 8720
Email: [email protected]

Sincerely yours,

OP
terryl965

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thanks Miles I guess I wait and see the new refresher course.

Terry Lee Stoker