Hooray for me! Finally found a place to train.

blackxpress

Green Belt
Reaction score
I moved to SW Ohio in November and since then have had a heck of a time finding a place to train. Not that there aren't plenty of dojos here but it was difficult to find one that was similar to where I came from. The system I trained in back in Georgia was Wado, plus the instructor was a cop who taught LE Self Defense (mostly Jujitsu based) and had added that to his curriculum. It was a great program and hard to duplicate. I've been going around to different dojos and taking free lessons looking for something similar and am thrilled to say that yesterday I found it here:

http://tamamartialarts.com/

When I first looked over the website I thought it was too good to be true. Master Taningco seemed like a Filipino version of Chuck Norris. I've always been suspicious of Martial Artists with overly impressive resumes. But, after training with him, I think he's the real deal. He's also a really nice guy. Anyway, I'm training in his Kenpo/Jujitsu system, which is very similar to what I'm used to. The Karate component is different from Wado but I have trained in Kenpo in the past so it isn't completely foreign either. I have to start as a white belt but that's O.K. with me.

Anyhow, I'm stoked. Can't wait to get back there and train some more.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congrats...Keep us posted...

chinto

Senior Master
Reaction score
good to hear you found a dojo, let us know how it all works out.

Latest Discussions