Honduras Trip

OP
B

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Trying to pic a few of my favs of the over 400 photos I took was hard. It was a powerful trip.

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
Great pics. I spent about 2 months in Honduras in '93 (cripes, that was 20 years ago....), beautiful country, great people, I would love to visit again.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
What? Only 400?!

Slacker!
;)

All kidding aside, great images! I can certainly feel your pain, having to select only a few.

OP
B

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Nice, looks like a great place to visit.

It was an amazing place. While we were there the US played Honduras in Soccer. So we went to a local spot to watch the game. There was just 2 of us Americans and a bunch of Hondurans. When the US scored the only goal I was slightly nervous about what was going to happen we were heavily out numbed and there was a lot of beer flowing but everyone was congratulating us on the win. They were all so happy. I've seen much worse behavior at asteelers Ravens game

OP
B

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
We were there to visit some local schools for the Lunches for Learning program. The principal of one of the schools insisted we come to her house for lunch. She was so gracious and opened her home to us. She lived on a small compound with several houses including her 93 year old mother and her sister.
Lunches for learning is a pretty neat program if anyone out there belongs to a church or civic group looking to get involved in a project. I saw first hand the good they are doing and spoke to parents of the kids they are helping and it is making a difference
http://lunchesforlearning.org/

Latest Discussions