Homecoming

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This young man started training in our dojo at age 8. I was his first instructor. He's 21 now, a Marine MP like I was. He stopped by tonight while he was home on leave. I'm awfully proud of him.
FB_IMG_1667520424502.jpg

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
This young man started training in our dojo at age 8. I was his first instructor. He's 21 now, a Marine MP like I was. He stopped by tonight while he was home on leave. I'm awfully proud of him. View attachment 29248
Its always good to see the impact that we have on people's lives even if it takes a decade or more.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's old home week...
We had a sick cat.
IMG_4319.JPG

Our vet here has retired, and the replacement seems to be having staffing issues. They are always unable to see our pets in a reasonable time. Tom had a big abscess in his cheek, and they said two weeks. That's not good. So I called a former student. We started training her when she was in middle school, and I wrapped a 2nd Dan around her waist just before she left for Vet school. She now has an animal hospital. 2.5 hours from us, but she said "bring him first thing tomorrow".
While she was in Vet school, she married another former student. He's a 1st Dan. He graduates from the Police Academy in December.
We had lunch with them while we waited for Tom to wake up.
And today we had lunch with two other former students. She is a Junior in HS and a 5th Geup. He's a 1st Dan, now in the Air Force, and leaving for Okinawa tomorrow.
It's good to see how they have grown.

OP
Bill Mattocks

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It's old home week...
We had a sick cat.
View attachment 29256

Our vet here has retired, and the replacement seems to be having staffing issues. They are always unable to see our pets in a reasonable time. Tom had a big abscess in his cheek, and they said two weeks. That's not good. So I called a former student. We started training her when she was in middle school, and I wrapped a 2nd Dan around her waist just before she left for Vet school. She now has an animal hospital. 2.5 hours from us, but she said "bring him first thing tomorrow".
While she was in Vet school, she married another former student. He's a 1st Dan. He graduates from the Police Academy in December.
We had lunch with them while we waited for Tom to wake up.
And today we had lunch with two other former students. She is a Junior in HS and a 5th Geup. He's a 1st Dan, now in the Air Force, and leaving for Okinawa tomorrow.
It's good to see how they have grown.
That's awesome! I hope your cat is feeling better.

Latest Discussions