Hip rotation problem

sfs982000

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I've been having problems primarily with my right side rotating my hip properly when I attempt to throw a roundhouse kick. I've been working the problem by using a chair for support and throwing slow, control kicks, concentrating on the technique. I'm hoping that by doing this it will improve my strength in that area as well has helping to improve my balance. My question is, is there anyone else out there that is or has had the same problem and can suggest additional advice on how to help fix the problem. Thanks.

fangjian

Black Belt
Reaction score
I've been having problems primarily with my right side rotating my hip properly when I attempt to throw a roundhouse kick. I've been working the problem by using a chair for support and throwing slow, control kicks, concentrating on the technique. I'm hoping that by doing this it will improve my strength in that area as well has helping to improve my balance. My question is, is there anyone else out there that is or has had the same problem and can suggest additional advice on how to help fix the problem. Thanks.

I had to have surgery last year for this: I didn't know but I've had them for a decade.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Femoral_acetabular_impingement