Hip Hop Artists fighting MMA on BET Network (no, I'm not kidding)

ArmorOfGod

Senior Master
Reaction score
http://www.newsday.com/sports/ny-spcombat115125866mar11,0,6957021.story?coll=ny-sports-headlines

If you read that article about undergound mma fighting, there is a paragraph about halfway down that reads:

Also in the crowd were Campbell McLaren and David Isaacs, two of the sport's pioneers. The two owned the production company that produced the first Ultimate Fighting Championship in 1993 in Denver. Isaacs is best known for inventing "the Octagon," the eight-sided cage used in UFC events. The two have since sold the UFC and are now working on a show with Black Entertainment Television that will feature hip-hop celebrities competing in a mixed martial arts tournament.

When will crappy tv ever end?

AoG

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Did you happen to see ALL the rules

No biting, no gouging, no groin shots and no fishhooking a move in which you stick your fingers inside a mouth and pull to cause great pain.

Hopefully Darwin was right and they will all soon be gone.

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thread moved to Horror Stories

-Ronald Shin
-MT Moderator

Shaderon

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I dunno, Hip hop artists stupid enough to walk insode an MMA ring..... hmmm do they put them up against trained fighters? There would be less stupid people in the world once they'd had a little sense knocked into them.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Just what we need in MA another show showing how bad it is, when will thye ever stop this train wreck.

Jonathan

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I'm fearing a poorly implemented cross-over between this show and the Def Jam line of video games.

*shudder*

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Lets start a pool... 5 bucks to get in:

How long before some Hip Hop artist gets his ego bruised enough that him or his crew go back and shoot someone over it?

jim777

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Lets start a pool... 5 bucks to get in:​

How long before some Hip Hop artist gets his ego bruised enough that him or his crew go back and shoot someone over it?​

That's what I was thinking...Doesn't hip hop take a rather romantic view of guns and shooting people in general? Certainly a lot of famous artists have died of 'lead poisoning' in the past...

Grey Eyed Bandit

Master of Arts
Reaction score
"I don't gang-bang, or shoot out bang-bang,
the relentless lyrics the only dope I sling,
I'm a true master, you can check my credentials
'cause I choose to use my infinite potential,
got a freaky, freaky, freaky freaky flow,
control the mic like Fidel Castro locked Cuba
so deep that you can scuba dive/my jive
origin is unknown like the Jubas
I've accumulated honies all across the map
'cause I'd rather bust a nut than bust a cap in
your back
in fact my rap snaps ya sacroilliac
I'm the mack so i don't need to tote a Mac..."

Boomer

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Maybe this isn't a terrible idea...
Wait....lemme finish.

I'm so sick of wannabes that think they know about fighting...be it in ring or out. People that find out that I fight and instruct fighters always think they know something, until they come into the gym and quit a day or two later.

MAYBE...some stupid thugs will get into the ring and begin slap boxing each other and rain down some fierce purple nurples and wedgies upon each other, finally bringing them to the realization that they do not know what the heck they're doing.

Or maybe it'll just stink real bad.