hi

Mider1985

Green Belt
Reaction score
As alot of people know Benny the Jet one of the best kickboxers alive made his own martial art called Ukidokan Karate and Kempo Shotokan.

In one gym called House of Chamipions in Los Angeles one of Benny the Jets Students run the place he teaches alot of arts one of which is Arjukenbo i recieved a letter from the HOUSE OF CHAMPIONS saying they had evolved from Ukidokan Karate to Arjukenpo my question is why did they do that?

frank raud

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Just a guess, but they are probably no longer associated with Benny Urquidez for whatever reason, and don't want to use/aren't allowed to use his karate style's name. As they advertise that they are the only school in the US that teaches this style, it is just their take on karate. If lineage and history, being a part of a large recognised organization is important to you, this may not be a good choice.

frank raud

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Correction of sorts. Seems Arjukenpo is through GM Vince Palumbo out of Australia. Lots of people change styles at some point during their martial arts career.

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
Here is my WAG on the name, it is some reformulation of the Ukidoken with the addition of ARnis and JU-jitsu or JU-do, but given the current market I'm guessing BJJ.

edit: Ha, I was right. And no real surprise, Ukidoken usually falls under one of the Kajukenbo lineages and the various down lineages of that family are almost constantly reformulating.

Latest Discussions