Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings Jim and Welcome to MT..

Hawke

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Greetings Jim,

Welcome to MT. Have fun posting. We have lots of noobs here as well. Also people with many years of experience. We're a friendly group.

Cheers.

brianlkennedy

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Welcome, wow, Victorville, I was a public defender in Victorville back in the mid 1980s. The courthouse was right near the Roy Rogers Museum and the Victor Valley Mall had just been built.

What kinds of martial arts are there now? Back then, if I remember right, it was just one Kempo school and some Shootfighting guy had just opened a school in Hesperia.

Bet things have changed.

take care,
Brian

phlaw

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Welcome! Many years back I use to live in Hesperia, CA and worked in Apple Valley. I trained at Jim Diggs American Kenpo.

OP
Doc_Jude

Doc_Jude

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Welcome, wow, Victorville, I was a public defender in Victorville back in the mid 1980s. The courthouse was right near the Roy Rogers Museum and the Victor Valley Mall had just been built.

What kinds of martial arts are there now? Back then, if I remember right, it was just one Kempo school and some Shootfighting guy had just opened a school in Hesperia.

Bet things have changed.

take care,
Brian

There are quite a few new schools up here now.
The Mateo Academy is about 10 min away(Inosanto-related).
Thomas "Wildman" Denny's gym is literally two minutes away from me.
The Sankai Dojo is run by a Gene LeBell black belt & has some great kickboxing & is about 15min away.
I hear that there's a Judo Olympian over in Apple Valley giving classes for free. I have yet to check it out.
I train right now Pentjak Silat Ratu Adil with a 1st-Gen student of Rudy Terlinden & he's right down the street.
Really, there is plenty up here, & the more I look around, the more I find.

kidswarrior

Senior Master
Reaction score
Welcome, Doc. I'm in Raunchy Cucaracha....I mean, Rancho Cucamonga, along with some of our other members. My wife is an alum of CSUSB, and I of CSUF (in the 1800s). Enjoy! :)

Latest Discussions