hi from Australia.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Just introducing my self I have done a few martial arts here and there but have been immersing myself in mma for the last 4 years or so. I am lucky to have found a really professional fight gym and am taking advantage of that as much as I can.

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome along :) Wish MMA was around when I was a kid. Must be great sparring with that skill set.

OP
drop bear

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Welcome along :) Wish MMA was around when I was a kid. Must be great sparring with that skill set.

Yeah I am like that too. I did a lot of freestyle karate as a kid. But it was nowhere near as developed. Even things like the gloves just open up all of these opportunities I never had.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
welcome to MT. hope you MMA training goes well and that you prosper in that art as you learn.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
I wish I had somewhere around here where we could train all-out like that. Welcome to MT.

OP
drop bear

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I wish I had somewhere around here where we could train all-out like that. Welcome to MT.

Yeah we sort of invented it a bit as we went along. Had to fly Guys down to teach. But it worked out pretty good. Coach is maybe looking at a title shot.

We have a lot of interest in mma in the area so there is a bit of collaboration.

We are even doing those 12 week courses that put you in the ring at the end.

OP
drop bear

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Are you competing now?

No I am still basically a hobbyest I started this at thirty five an work crappy hours so I am never going to be the next mma super star. I have done 1 c class which I lost. But I will need to get another one in somehow.