Hi everyone

Elizabeth-C

White Belt
Reaction score
I'm a 51-year old woman (!) with a first degree black belt in American kenpo. I enjoy talking with other people about my art, and about the martial arts in general. I'm particularly interested in hearing about the experience of other women (including older women, if there are any as old as myself doing this!) This seems like a great forum, and I'm looking forward to learning from it.
With respect,
Elizabeth

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome aboard! There is a forum here set aside just for the ladies. We look forward to hearing your experiences and sharing ours with you.

dubljay

Master of Arts
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hello Elizabeth!

Welcome to MartialTalk, good to have you here. There is a very large Kenpo community here so make yourself right at home. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

Again welcome to MartialTalk and happy posting!

-Josh

ps: My sister's name is Elizabeth

mantis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Elizabeth-C said:
I'm a 51-year old woman (!) with a first degree black belt in American kenpo. I enjoy talking with other people about my art, and about the martial arts in general. I'm particularly interested in hearing about the experience of other women (including older women, if there are any as old as myself doing this!) This seems like a great forum, and I'm looking forward to learning from it.
With respect,
Elizabeth
You are welcome ma'am
i hope you enjoy posting here!
to be hoenst with you to have ladies in martial arts classes is not an unusual thing. I wish you could come see my class, you might be the youngest too :) In fact, all my class mates who are older than me do make the best example in class
welcome again

Ping898

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to MT :wavey: Happy Posting.

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome Elizabeth! Happy Posting! If you need anything don't hesitate to ask! :wavey:

Navarre

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Welcome, Elizabeth!

I've only been here a week myself but it already feels like home. There are so many great people here, patient enough to put up with my rapid-fire posting and overall weirdness.

I'm sure you will find this a wonderful place to visit. Glad you're here!

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome Elizabeth I've been with MT for a while and I mist say this is the best place to post and learn, everyone here is open minded and full of a lot of info. happy posting.

Terry

Gin-Gin

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Oss, Ma'am & welcome to MartialTalk! We do have a "Women in the Martial Arts" area as well as the "Ladies Locker Room." There are a lot of nice people here from various systems as well, so I hope that you'll enjoy exploring all of the areas of interest of you.

Sincerely,
Gin-Gin :asian:

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome to the board! It's always good to see another woman join. Enjoy!!