Hi all

Koryu Rich

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hi all,

Thought I'd check-in :)

I'm from the UK and study Systema and Bujinkan Taijutsu.

I first got into MA properly when I was about 16 I’m 27 now, had done a bit of Wado Ryu previous to this but only for a couple of months. I was spending a year at agricultural college when I found out one of the guys on my course was a Kali instructor so I got chatting and he agreed to train me. I pretty much trained every day for the year I was there usually after lectures, as tutors tend to object when you get a couple of sticks and knives out in class!!! Although I’ve forgot most of the drills now ,as I haven’t trained in Kali for years, every now and then I still find myself moving in a way that has a Filipino flavour to it.

When I moved back home I did Taijutsu at a BBD dojo for a bit but it closed down so I had to look into other things. Looked at Lau Gar, Tai Chi, Aikido and JKD (haven’t studied any of these at any great length) but always having to stop for one reason or another.

Over the past couple of years I’ve got involved with Systema and have found it to be a fantastic art. Last September I was looking for info on Knife work when I came across the club directory on MAP and there was listed a Bujinkan club in my area so I joined up and am now a happy 7th Kyu.

So that’s me

Thanks for listening

Rich

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings Rich and welcome to MT..

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome to the boards, Rich!

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! :ultracool

Mike

saru1968

Green Belt
Reaction score
HI Rich

and i thought i was safe here, is Greg a member too?

but welcome and best wishes.

Gary

:)

OP
K

Koryu Rich

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
saru1968 said:
HI Rich

and i thought i was safe here, is Greg a member too?

but welcome and best wishes.

Gary

:)

Thanks for the welcome everyone :)

Hi gary no he's not. I think I'm going to like it here look what I can do; :jedi1:

Latest Discussions