Help! Rock Bars In Thailand?!

Damian Mavis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Heh, ok, for all those of you that have been to Bangkok do any of you know of any good bars that play alot of relatively NEW hard rock? I know this might seem wierd me asking this here but I can't think of anywere else to ask. I'm going nuts listening to the same techno crap everywere I go, I'd like to visit a bar I can just relax and listen to good new rock or even a good band. Don't even suggest hard rock cafe because that place is ful of old geezers and all they play is old rock. The only place I've been that has a pretty good band is CM2 but they play a couple of linkin park songs only.... I'm looking for a good bar that plays lots of rock. Does a place like this exist in Bangkok?

I'm looking forward to seeing Korn in concert here in February.

Damian Mavis
Honour TKD

R

RCastillo

Originally posted by Damian Mavis
Heh, ok, for all those of you that have been to Bangkok do any of you know of any good bars that play alot of relatively NEW hard rock? I know this might seem wierd me asking this here but I can't think of anywere else to ask. I'm going nuts listening to the same techno crap everywere I go, I'd like to visit a bar I can just relax and listen to good new rock or even a good band. Don't even suggest hard rock cafe because that place is ful of old geezers and all they play is old rock. The only place I've been that has a pretty good band is CM2 but they play a couple of linkin park songs only.... I'm looking for a good bar that plays lots of rock. Does a place like this exist in Bangkok?

I'm looking forward to seeing Korn in concert here in February.

Damian Mavis
Honour TKD

Hey! Who you calling "Old Geezer!":boxing:

So much for ITF brotherhood...............:(

OP
Damian Mavis

Damian Mavis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Haha! Well if you knew how many old sleazy men were here you'd understand..... You start to look at older white men in Bangkok in a not so favorable light.

Damian Mavis
Honour TKD

R

RCastillo

Originally posted by Damian Mavis
Haha! Well if you knew how many old sleazy men were here you'd understand..... You start to look at older white men in Bangkok in a not so favorable light.

Damian Mavis
Honour TKD

Man, those must be some oooooooold dudes there!:)

OP
Damian Mavis

Damian Mavis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Actually they are usually in their 60's.... and hanging out with some 20 years old girl...yech! And some of them are such sleazebags! I was on the skytrain with my wife (who is Asian but from Canada) and one of them started talking to me like she was my whore... I almost hit him. Truth is they are probably going to get used and abused by the women here (not the other way around) but they still act pretty bad.

I actually go out sometimes here with a good buddy that is 47, he's alot of fun.

Damian Mavis
Honour TKD