Help me pick!

bookworm_cn317

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I have a notebook that I use as a exercise journal/training diary(I write down what I do for exercise everyday)--and I just finished my second notebook.
Now I face a quandry. I have 2 new notebooks, but I don't know which one to use for my new training diary.

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii232/chrisnada/IM000162.jpg
Choice A is a very punkish skull-and-crossbones notebook.
Choice B is Hello Kitty.
Both are VERY much me! I have layers, you know!
Which one should I go with?

newGuy12

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Well, since it is a TRAINING diary, the choice would be simple to me -- I would certainly choose the one on the left there, with the skulls.

That creature on the right hand side notebook is too nice and fluffy, it does not give the feeling of power. The one on the left there is more sinister -- and shows a feeling of not giving up until life itself is gone! Persistance! No matter what!

So, for the training diary, use the more SERIOUS version, the one on the left. And when you record things in it, when you look at the cover, you can have a thought like -- other things in life are soft and fun, but this training is harsh at times -- I fight with myself to rid myself of any weakness and unbalance. I take pain in stride from time to time to become a better Student!

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
The skulls send a message. Hello Kitty is much creepier because of her blank face.

Go with the skulls if you want to be direct and in your face.

Go with HK if you want to be a devious scary creature who wierds people out.

myusername

Brown Belt
Reaction score
LOL! I think the skulls are too obvious! Go with Hello Kitty! It would be a fine ironic statement to fill the pages of such an innocent looking note book with tales of violence and pain!

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Both kinda creep me out...I'd go with the skulls cause I am not a fan of Hello Kitty...Ya couldn't find a Sailor Moon one???? Seriously I'd buy a plan covered (black or blue) one as a training journal..........

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Whichever you feel is appropriate to your phase in training right now. :D :D :D

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I will not advise on which one but instead will offer this, you jorney though the Martial Art is a personnal one that only you can fully understand with this in mind which one signafies where you training is going towards and where you would like it to be when the next chapter is done. If it is for Violence then the choice is skulls, if it is to find inner peace and tranquality then the choice is Hello Kitty.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Some very deep and profound responses there ladies and gents :D. I'm drawn to Georgia's zen answer tho' :rei:.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
LOL! I think the skulls are too obvious! Go with Hello Kitty! It would be a fine ironic statement to fill the pages of such an innocent looking note book with tales of violence and pain!

LOL! I like that! My vote is for Hello Kitty :D