Hello

mini_dez

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hey everyone.

Been reading these forums for a while now so thought it's about time I joined. Now that I have I'm posting to get rid of the 'you haven't posted yet' message :)

I'm from Scotland and have been training with the Scottish Muay Thai Council for a little over a year now. That's about it really, speak to you all soon I guess.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings and Welcome to MT..

Hawke

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Greetings Mini,

Welcome to MT.

Cheers.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the group, I hope you enjoy your stay.

benny parkes

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello, just wanted to say hello and to see what this forum is about.. I have been training in 5 Family Kung fu for about 45 years. I started in Hong Kong back in the '60's at the Shin Woo Iron Palm school where I was the only non-Chinese. I was healing up from wounds I recieved in Vietnam and was assigned as a laison for military personnel going on R & R ... I got to spend about 6 months in Hong kong and I had heard of Kung Fu but had never seen it before.. I had started in Judo at age 11 and went to boxing . Boxed golden Gloves in N.Y. as a heavy weight at age 17. Joined the U.S. Marine Corps in '63 and went to Okinawa and studied Iishinru Karate under Master Shimabuku. Went from there to Vietnam and was assigned to the ROK Brigade ( Korean Marines.) Studied with them in their spare time until wounded and then to Hong Kong... After the Marines and home again I moved to Ca. from N.Y. and studied 5 Family 5 Animal style with GM, Ark yuey Wong in L.A. Chinatown.... stayed with that style since 1967..........

Latest Discussions