Hello New to the Site

donnie3wolves

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello, my name is Donnie and new to this sight so hello to all. I am 52 years old and looking to get back into Martial arts. My extent of MA training was in the Navy where my chief petty officer was a Hapkidoist from Korea who taught a few of the guys a few things. When I got out of the Navy I became a deputy sheriff and again learn from one guy who studied Kung fu locally and another who studied Hapkido locally. What I’m looking for is a traditional Martial art, rich in history and philosophy and is well balanced with good technices that will not only promote good physical and mental health but good self defense as well.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard, Donnie. Somewhere on MT is the info you need to make an informed decision on the right art for you. Enjoy...

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Hello, my name is Donnie and new to this sight so hello to all. I am 52 years old and looking to get back into Martial arts. My extent of MA training was in the Navy where my chief petty officer was a Hapkidoist from Korea who taught a few of the guys a few things. When I got out of the Navy I became a deputy sheriff and again learn from one guy who studied Kung fu locally and another who studied Hapkido locally. What I’m looking for is a traditional Martial art, rich in history and philosophy and is well balanced with good technices that will not only promote good physical and mental health but good self defense as well.
I wish you well with your re-entrance into MA.. it reads as if you have a deal of experience to guide you. And 3 wolves this is a reference to your heritage perhaps? Welcome to MT.. I am looking forward to your posts.. x

Latest Discussions