Hello. New to forum.

kenpoconceptskim

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello.

I am new to this forum.

I am a Black Belt in American Kenpo, Parker system. I train and teach out of Las Vegas, Nevada. My teacher is Mr. Tommy Chavies, who is in Arcadia, California.

I originally started the martial arts as a teen in 1981-82 in Kyokushinkai Karate here in Vegas. I am a native Las Vegan and began my journey into Kenpo in 1984 in Fort Collins, Colorado where I went to college.

Am looking forward to joining in the various forum topics to both learn and contribute.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Looking forward to your posts in the Kenpo section! :)

Mike

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings and Welcome to MT...I LOVE Las Vegas..Got married there and have visited there EVERY year since, and hope to retire there...If there is an open invite to MT members nextv time I'm out there I'll stop by your school/Dojo...

PeppersPetHuman

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi there,

Although my primary art is Tang Soo Do, I also hold a purple belt in Parker-style Kenpo. My friends and I are all very dedicated to Tang Soo Do, but we decided to try out Kenpo just for fun. It is a lot of fun! We now have a whole new perception of some concepts (i.e., how the same thing can be taught differently). We also have a whole new language ("Don't make me BUCKLE YOUR BRANCH!", lol) and we use the salutation ("we the warrior and the scholar...") as a "secret handshake" type-thing. So, yeah Kenpo is cool.

Feel free to write me a message.

-Anna

Latest Discussions