Hello from South Africa

Bok

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi there

Just thought I would introduce myself quickly. I am a 26 year old guy from Cape Town, South Africa and was recently blown away by a Muay Thai demonstration that I was lucky enough to attend. Suffice is to say that all I can do at the moment is eat sleep and drink Muay Thai, and am going for my first lesson next week.

I have never had any experience in any form of MA, but have maintained a reasonable amount of fitness, having represented my region in Rugby, swimming and waterpolo.

I am also lucky enough to have a training centre about 1 mile from where I stay, which is an absolute bonus! (www.dragonpower.co.za) and the instructor is a past two time world Muay Thai champion (Quentin Chong) so that should be an added bonus to get me going on the right foot!

My main reasons for wanting to start Muay Thai are two fold- firstly so that I can do something that will (hopefully) interest me whilst burning the softness out of my body…;-) and the second being to learn some decent self defense, which will never be wasted in good old South Africa!

Looking forward to sharing my journey with you all and to learning a lot from all you knowledgeable folk out there!

Cheers

Kevin

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings, Kevin, welcome to MT---it's good to have you with us!

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings and Welcome to MT...

Latest Discussions