Hello from Dallas

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Nice to meet you. What do you train in? How long?

I know some of the answers from the other thread. I’m just trying to start a dialogue.

OP
DKK

DKK

White Belt
Reaction score
Started training in MA since was 10 years old(1979) Kung Fu at the community center in NYC. My parents then signe me up for TKD lessons and this was my first opptuinty to train at a "REAL" dojo/dojang. As I got older gain some experience training with a NY legend by the name of Moses Powell where I was introduced to Kyokushin karate simply because the schools shared the same building. so now years later stuck with Kyokushin close to 25 plus

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Started training in MA since was 10 years old(1979) Kung Fu at the community center in NYC. My parents then signe me up for TKD lessons and this was my first opptuinty to train at a "REAL" dojo/dojang. As I got older gain some experience training with a NY legend by the name of Moses Powell where I was introduced to Kyokushin karate simply because the schools shared the same building. so now years later stuck with Kyokushin close to 25 plus

NEW YORK CITY???

nmA5TS.gif

OP
DKK

DKK

White Belt
Reaction score
Not sure what this all means lol

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to Martial Talk, @DKK! Here, you'll find a diverse group of highly confused individuals talking about things we think we know about what we're talking about.

We bicker, share ideas, throw random objects at our screens, and generally like each other pretty well. I hope you'll find some engaging discussions to join in.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Welcome to Martial Talk, bro, hope you enjoy it.

Getting "stuck" with Kyokushin is a fine thing in my opinion.

Must have been great to train with Moses, too. I haven't thought about him in a while. I loved the way he moved.

OP
DKK

DKK

White Belt
Reaction score
Yes was a one of the greats

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Thanks for dropping in. I look forward to hearing more from you. You will find a great base of knowledge here, along with a few, well maybe several, wise cracking jokesters here. Welcome.

Latest Discussions