Hello from Colorado

steve2267

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new to the site. I trained for 6-9 montsh in JKD under Gary Dill's organization (JKDA) back in 1994 after Clinton was elected. I am interested in learning a combat system for personal protection. That is, I'm not interested in art, per se, nor in competition, or belts or rankings, or in physical fitness. I am looking into Krav Maga and/or possibly JKD again. If you have any recommendations for the Colorado front range, I'm interested in your thoughts / opinions on who best to train under. The south / southwest Denver metro area works best for me in terms of travel and time commitments. Thanks.

Klondike93

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
It would be a bit of a drive for you but Brad Scornavacco teaches Ed Parker American Kenpo and Russian Systema in Longmont. Systema would be what your looking for, it's all self defense work with no belts or tests or techniques to worry about. It's also good for people with no martial arts experience, here's a link for you to check out:

http://www.russiansystem.com/

Steel Tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
Welcome to MT.

Krav Maga and JKD offer good self defence options. But don't limit your search. You may find exactly what you're looking for in an unexpected place.

I hope you find something useful and interesting here.

Yeti

Black Belt
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to MT!

Krav Maga, Russian Systema and perhaps Combat Hapkido seem to be what you're looking for. As others have said thought, don't limit your search. You may find a pot of gold in a style/school you never thought would be a fit.

Good luck. Keep us posted as to how things go.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings and Welcome to MT...I would also recommend Combat Hapkido..The Combat Hapkido Federation holds an EXCELLENT seminar out there every April...

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to Martial Talk! :)

Mike

kidswarrior

Senior Master
Reaction score
Welcome to MT, Steve. Good luck in your search. Something good will turn up if you do the legwork. :)