Hello Everyone!

minivanninja

White Belt
Reaction score
I was encouraged to post a "Hello World" post after delurking last night, so here I am!

I'm a 36 year old female student of TKD. I started a little over a year ago with my kids and I think I'm into it more than they are. Never before had I ever found a physical activity that has done so much for me physically and mentally and LOVED it so much.

Finding this board will helpfully take the burden of having to listen to me talk about TKD nearly 24/7 off of my family.

I appreciate that on this board it seems the emphasis is on the journey and how you apply MA to your life, which is one of the philosophies my Grandmaster bases his teaching on.

As for my name, I used to play an MMO a lot more in the past (it's funny how it doesn't have the same pull for me the deeper I get into MA) and one of the other players referred to my training as "ninja class". I am your typical suburban soccer mom who drives a minivan, so naturally I became MinivanNinja! I live in the Western Suburbs of Chicago and I'm currently a brown belt in Tae Kwon Do.

JBrainard

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ave.

Finding this board will helpfully take the burden of having to listen to me talk about TKD nearly 24/7 off of my family.

I completely understand. My wife... tolerates the fact that if at any given moment she asks me; "What are you thinking about?" the answer is usually "martial arts." :lol:

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.
It is good to hear that you have found an activity that you can enjoy along with yor children. May your journey be long and prosperous.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings and Welcome to MT...

kidswarrior

Senior Master
Reaction score
Welcome MinivanNinja Soccer Mom from Chicago! Glad you've joined us. :)

(I was a soccer dad in the 90s--isn't it terrible to know more about soccer than the coaches, but never having even played the sport? :D).

Latest Discussions