have you ever heard of "THE RYUKYU KEMPO ALLIANCE"?

Sensei Payne

Black Belt
Reaction score
Have you ever heard of it...

I joined them about a year ago, and I have never heard anything about them until my instructor had us join there alliance..

Livingston Sensei is a Nidan in there alliance, and I am training to test for my Shodan in there system...

It is an off-shoot of Sensei Oyata's system of "Oyata Shi Shu Ho Ryu"..

Just wanted to know if you have heard of them and what you think..please speak your mind of it...no ego here...

BTW heres a link www.ryubeikan.org

Boomer

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Honestly, I believe that George Dillman has ruined most of Oyata's credibility, and that his supposed "kyusho jutsu" is bunk.

That being said, the rest of Oyata's teaching seems to be useful in one way or another.

OP
Sensei Payne

Sensei Payne

Black Belt
Reaction score
True that Dillman's doings has cause a lot of issues within the Ryukyu arts, and I can assure you that I am not associated with him what so ever but I can say that his stuff is good and I have seen a few of his videos, very effective material...Minus the "No Touch" knock out...but none the less his stuff is effective..mainly because it is Oyatas...

The alliance has nothing to do with Dillman..or his organization, in fact the alliance is doing its best to polish the name of "Ryukyu Kempo" back to its once well known repuatation...

thank you for your opinion and insight.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Moderator Note:

Thread Moved to Kenpo/Kempo General.

- Carol Kaur -
- MT Moderator -

OP
Sensei Payne

Sensei Payne

Black Belt
Reaction score
yeah i was watching those videos...lol...

I love it when they put the sheet up like were watching Chris Angel or something...lol...well its just the first student moving and as you can see, less and less of them move down the line, AND when the scientist got out there it didn't work on him..."His tounge was in the wrong place" what is that about...but anyways...its good for laughs...and I have no affiliation with those "people"

LMAO

Boomer

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I can't help but wonder why chi doesn't shoot out of my fingers....I have half moons on my nails too! LOL:ultracool

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So please remimd me who exactly runs this organisation and how do they test for rank
I ask this with respect

OP
Sensei Payne

Sensei Payne

Black Belt
Reaction score
Kaicho Allen Amor...

He trained with Takia Oyata for over thirty years, and he was tested by Oyata to achive the rank he has now...although, Kaicho Amor Received his 7th degree from Taika Oyata's senior student Hanshi Albert O Geraldi.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Admin Note

Thread move to The Great Debate.

Mike Slosek
MT Asst. Admin

OP
Sensei Payne

Sensei Payne

Black Belt
Reaction score
This thread wasn't supposed to be a debate...I merely wanted to know if anyone has heard of the alliance and if so, what they have heard...

truth_seeker87

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Don't know anything about them, but find Mr. Amor's public kobudo clips less than inspiring.

http://www.ryukyukempo.com/weapons.html

Maybe because you don't understand it?

He is only doing very small parts of the Kata, some in basic version others in advanced. If you see him do them live you would see the acquired skill in the movement. I wasn't that enthused by them either, but once you see it in person, his Kobudo is quite good. Believe me I've been on the receiving end of the techniques I know.

harlan

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Granted...the videos are short clips and in person is best. But they are still better than hearsay from anonymous folk on the internet.

quote: Maybe because you don't understand it?

truth_seeker87

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Sensei Payne

Sensei Payne

Black Belt
Reaction score
I remember doing Twi-te with Kaicho and getting taken down...its enough to make you want to train in Ryukyu Kempo for the rest of your life...

I will be the first to admit the Kata can get old, and memorizing everything is very very hard, but its something you have to do in order to train your body to move a certain way all the time every time

truth_seeker87

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Scott

Twi-te..you mean Tuite ...or you mean: 付い手術

Anyway yeah..Kaichos stuff is quality or anyone who actually trained with Taika for more then 6 seminars and 13 tapes.

OkinawaPeichin

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Have you ever heard of it...

I joined them about a year ago, and I have never heard anything about them until my instructor had us join there alliance..

Livingston Sensei is a Nidan in there alliance, and I am training to test for my Shodan in there system...

It is an off-shoot of Sensei Oyata's system of "Oyata Shi Shu Ho Ryu"..

Just wanted to know if you have heard of them and what you think..please speak your mind of it...no ego here...

That organization is run by Mr. Amor who was expelled from Mr. Oyata’s Assoc. There is no connection between the two associations. Ranks from Mr. Amor's Assoc. will not be honored in Mr. Oyata's. Also, Oyata Shin Shu Ho can only be found in Mr. Oyata’s Assoc.