Has anyone trained at SAWN??

Bruno@MT

Senior Master
Reaction score
Afaict, it has absolutely nothing to do with the traditional art of ninjutsu.
Everything I've read on that site makes me believe that it is a modern hodgepodge of different things thrown together, with the moniker 'ninjitsu' slapped on to it.

They also repeatedly mention how tough they are, and that they will physically assault people who make a problem with their spelling of the word ninjitsu.
I am not saying that what they do is worthless. Far be it from me to judge what they are doing, but traditional japanese ninjutsu it is not. They just (wrongfully) say: ninja is super secret assassin warrior (not) and what we do is just like that.

xJOHNx

Purple Belt
Reaction score
They have good pictures and the camps idea looks good.

If you want to train Ninjutsu though, stick to the X-kans.

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Quite aside from the fact that it doesn't appear to have anything to do with any actual historical school of ninjutsu, there is no information that I can find concerning what sort of training, background, expertise or qualifications the instructor(s) do have.

I mean, if somebody wants to throw together a curriculum that combines (lets say) kickboxing, judo, rock climbing, and wilderness survival, then call it ninjutsu for some reason, that's okay. However, I would want to know just what their qualifications were to teach kickboxing, judo, rock climbing, and wilderness survival. If someone is charging thousands of dollars for instruction but doesn't want to let you know the experience and background of the instructors, that should tell you something.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quite aside from the fact that it doesn't appear to have anything to do with any actual historical school of ninjutsu, there is no information that I can find concerning what sort of training, background, expertise or qualifications the instructor(s) do have.

I mean, if somebody wants to throw together a curriculum that combines (lets say) kickboxing, judo, rock climbing, and wilderness survival, then call it ninjutsu for some reason, that's okay. However, I would want to know just what their qualifications were to teach kickboxing, judo, rock climbing, and wilderness survival. If someone is charging thousands of dollars for instruction but doesn't want to let you know the experience and background of the instructors, that should tell you something.
I agree.

They say nothing about their qualifications to teach anything. Given some of the subject matter... That's very scary.

Ken Morgan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
The chief instructor, (founder) is 24 years old.....

J Ellis

Green Belt
Reaction score
So... he has about 14 years of experience watching manga and power rangers.

Nah, he probably was a prodigy and started watching when he was 5 years old. That's almost twenty years.

Where do I sign up?

Joel