Has anyone ever heard of Bondo???

Satt

Black Belt
Reaction score
I have a friend who is interested in checking out my budo taijutsu class and he says he is involved in Bondo. I have never heard of it. Can anyone help me out??? I googled it and didn't get anything very informative. Thanks in advance.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Could it be the Burmese martial art of Bando, associated in the U.S. with Dr. Maung Gyi of Athens, OH?

Shirt Ripper

Black Belt
Reaction score
Satt said:
I have a friend who is interested in checking out my budo taijutsu class and he says he is involved in Bondo. I have never heard of it. Can anyone help me out??? I googled it and didn't get anything very informative. Thanks in advance.

Sounds like an auto body man.

JAMJTX

Blue Belt
Reaction score
It's bAndo. It comes from Burma, now Myanmar, which sits between India and China.
Some say the earliest form of the art was brought to Burma by Indian travellers on thier way to China - some say Bhodidharma himself planted the seeds on his way to China.

It was taught to the Ghurkas as a powerful, quick killing art. As time went on more aspects were added. It now

We had an instructor come to an NKJU camp, I think his name was Woodard, who taught us quite a bit that weekend.

If you get a chance to train with Dr Gyi, you will learn alot. The only problem with him seems to be that he is a favorite target on many of the "Phony Veteran" expose web sites. It seems that all his miltary claims have been proven false. The sad thing is that he does know his martial arts.

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
Shirt Ripper said:
Sounds like an auto body man.

The only sad thing is that you beat me to saying it.
icon10.gif