Harvey Korman

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
This man was responsible for a lot of laughs in a lot of homes and theaters.
Carol Burnett' star Harvey Korman dies at 81
19 minutes ago
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080529/ap_on_en_tv/obit_korman
LOS ANGELES - Harvey Korman, the tall, versatile comedian who won four Emmys for his outrageously funny contributions to "The Carol Burnett Show" and on the big screen in "Blazing Saddles," died Thursday. He was 81.
Korman died at UCLA Medical Center after suffering complications from the rupture of an abdominal aortic aneurysm four months ago, his family said in a statement released by the hospital.
His daughter, Kate Korman, said in the statement that it was a "miracle" that her father had survived the aneurysm at all, and that he had several major operations.
"Tragically, after such a hard fought battle he passed away," she said.
A natural second banana, Korman gained attention on "The Danny Kaye Show," appearing in skits with the star. He joined the show in its second season in 1964 and continued until it was canceled in 1967. That same year he became a cast member in the first season of "The Carol Burnett Show."
Burnett and Korman developed into the perfect pair with their burlesques of classic movies such as "Gone With the Wind" and soap operas like "As the World Turns" (their version was called "As the Stomach Turns").
Another recurring skit featured them as "Ed and Eunice," a staid married couple who were constantly at odds with the wife's mother (a young Vickie Lawrence in a gray wig).
A list of his body of work. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0466327/
Here's to you Heddy... I mean Hedley. Thanks for all the laughs!

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:waah:

I miss him already.

OnlyAnEgg

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I used to watchKorman on Burnette's show while I was young. He and Conway were completely unpredictable. So many times, I remember their skits devolving into laughter right on stage.

Fare thee well, Harvey

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
I used to watchKorman on Burnette's show while I was young. He and Conway were completely unpredictable. So many times, I remember their skits devolving into laughter right on stage.

Fare thee well, Harvey

I think Conway used to ab-lib a bunch just to see if he could get Korman to crack...and it worked quite often..

Latest Discussions