Hakarac scenario based training

stabpunch

Orange Belt
Reaction score
In hakarac rather than say reality based training we say scenario based training.

Any way we have a three on one pressure drill.

Three people take kick shield or focus mitts and for a set period of time they all vie for the attention of a singular attacker/defender, applying pressure to make him strike their shield instead of the others.

Some variations we use include spoiler, which is a fourth person trying to prevent you from striking or a weapon instead of a shield.

I was wondering if anyone does a similar drill or could suggest variations that i may include.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've never seen it done quite like that, but I have participated in similar drills with without the shields. Sounds like an interesting exercise!

OP
S

stabpunch

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Some variations we use include spoiler, which is a fourth person trying to prevent you from striking.

This part is relevant to a few threads at the moment where guys are talking about their girlfriend getting in the way by trying to help.

You could alter it so's the two of you are co-ordinating your attack(defense) against the three assailants.

Latest Discussions