Had to put down my dog...

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
She was old and sick. Her suffering was made me feel selfish for keeping her alive for so long. Yet, how can I forget how we trudged through the woods together and the sheer exhuberance we shared on the hunt?

I was thirteen when my family first got her and I taught her myself how to be a hunter. I learned from my grandfather and I read all of the books I could on the subject, yet I could never predict the personality that would come out on the hunt.

Coco was a patient and thoughtful companion. She was calm and collected and never fliched even when she was a pup and when there was work to be done, there was no stopping her. I'm missing my old dog tons...

Good Bye, Coco.

upnorthkyosa

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Rest in peace Coco.

My deepest condolences on the loss of your pet upnothkyosa.

Lisa

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
My condolences also. I believe there's got to be a doggy heaven and we will meet them someday. I will probably have five or six friends there. My dog is now 14 and is my faithful shadow, I probably have no more loyal friend. Find solace in that you were a good owner and gave her a happy life. TW

Zepp

Master of Arts
Reaction score
The woods of Marin County, California, USA
My condolences as well. My family and I have also had to deal with letting go of a four-legged family member, so I know it had to be a hard decision. I wish you the best of memories.

Feisty Mouse

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My condolences too - losing a pet can be very very hard. My family never had many pets, but the ones we did have were very important to us.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Kyo Sa Nim, that's too bad. If dogs have a heaven ....

:asian:

GK

Ping898

Senior Master
Reaction score
My condolences too.....hard to loose a pet who has been with you so long, that you have loved and trained :(

ABN

Green Belt
Reaction score
You have my condolences and sympathy. I lost my buddy back in July and I still look for him by the food bowl at night. Thoughts are with you and a beer will be raised to her with a few other fellow hunters (and their dogs) tonight.

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Dogs truly are "mans best friend"...many have willingly gone to their deaths for their masters and all they ask for is our love.....and a bowl of kibble of course. Like men, the direct route to the dogs heart is through the stomach. :)

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Hugs for you.... I know how it is...

:asian:

- Ceicei

GAB

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I feel for you also, it is one of the toughest, yet humaine things you have to do sometimes. The nice thing is you will have the good memories. Try to think good thoughts and take care.

Regards, Gary

T

tmonis

I am truly sorry for your loss. As hard as it is to lose your pet, please find comfort in knowing she no longer suffers from any pain. And it is my hope you will see Coco again in heaven.

Darksoul

Black Belt
Reaction score
-Let me add my condolences as well, my family is familiar with having to let beloved furballs go. I have a feeling my cat Jazzy will not last beyond winter; then again, she is 20 years old, so it wouldn't surprise me. Reunite someday.

A---)

Satt

Black Belt
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your loss. Are you gonna get a new dog anytime soon?

Kenpo Mama

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
My condolences, we had to put our wonderful dog Daisy down almost 2 years ago and it was a very sad time for our family. Coco is at peace now. Cherish the memories you have of her always.

Donna :asian:

Jay Bell

Master Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
upnorthkyosa,

I'm sorry, man. I feel your loss. I had a dachshund, April, for 16 years before we had to put her down. She was almost completely blind by the time and was having organ failure. That kills :(

mj-hi-yah

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I feel your pain! It's a difficult thing! Rest in peace Coco.:asian:

MJ :(

Latest Discussions