Had the whole gym to myself today!

Rybot

White Belt
Reaction score
Well usually my club has classes Tuesday and Thursday nights, but because I have night classes on Tuesdays, I can't make it to the class. I decided I would compensate by going in to train when the gym was open before class... Needless to say I got there and was completely alone! It was nice - I did my warm up, skipping a helluva lot, pushups, jump squats, many situps, then I wrapped up and stretched out.

I did a bit of shadowboxing before working the bags. It was nice being hte only one there, but I missed the music, the competative vibe from others, and just... people! lol. I also noticed I won't push myself as hard if I'm alone because I have nobody urging me on... It's hard to reach down and find that motivation (something I also notice when I'm weight training).

At any rate, I do appreciate the solitude and will be back next Tuesday! Just wanted to share with everyone :p

Reaction score
Well usually my club has classes Tuesday and Thursday nights, but because I have night classes on Tuesdays, I can't make it to the class. I decided I would compensate by going in to train when the gym was open before class... Needless to say I got there and was completely alone! It was nice - I did my warm up, skipping a helluva lot, pushups, jump squats, many situps, then I wrapped up and stretched out.

I did a bit of shadowboxing before working the bags. It was nice being hte only one there, but I missed the music, the competative vibe from others, and just... people! lol. I also noticed I won't push myself as hard if I'm alone because I have nobody urging me on... It's hard to reach down and find that motivation (something I also notice when I'm weight training).

At any rate, I do appreciate the solitude and will be back next Tuesday! Just wanted to share with everyone :p

yeah i know what you mean , having the gym to yourself if great , i enjoy the freedom of being able to do what you want instead of following instructions!

i always miss the music aswell

thaistyle

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I think we've all been there done that. It definitely has its pros and cons.

OP
R

Rybot

White Belt
Reaction score
Yeah, I hope someone shows up next time so I don't feel so weird... :p

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
Kudos for getting a workout in even though you were alone.

I NEED other people around to push myself and get a good workout.