Gustafsson vs Teixeira

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Genuinely don't know what to expect from either. Gustafson hasn't looked great for a while and texeria is getting on a bit. I think it's terrible gus got screwed against jones in my eyes he easily won that fight 3-2 whereas texeria got dominated by jones. I have to give it to gus

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
That's a hard one to call. Calling Gustafson.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm expecting a close fight. Hard to call it!
It depends how it goes, gus has better overall striking but texeria has more power. If texeria hits him early he can knock him out but if it goes 5 rounds I think gus can pick him apart

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up Brian. I just checked my cable guide, the prelims start here at 5 a.m.
I'm taping, would have missed the show.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
SPOILERS BELLOW

OKAY ENOUGH SPACE

Great win for Gus knocking out a top guy like that in the 5th it was a great fight. I want him to rematch jones, that's what they should've done make jones rematch gus since jones had been trying to avoid a rematch for ages. Like I predicted gus using his superior striking and range to pick him off and won every round.

Texerias a solid guy but something I read somewhere perfectly summed up it. He got to the ufc to late because of all his visa trouble, he's done great in the ufc but he could've done a lot more if he'd got there sooner

Last edited:

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Also a great card overall with some outstanding fights even though theyweren't big names. I'm sure this card won't do well in viewing figures but it was a very entertaining mma show

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yeah, Gustafson looked awesome!
He deserves the next title shot. 2 good wins in a row and he gave both jones and Cormier great fights, I just want him to fight jones again and take him out if Cormier doesn't do the job first. I can't stand jones and I don't believe he should be in the ufc after everything he's done. Other fighters have been kicked out for less

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Thinking about it now I'd actually like to see texeria in bellator him against someone like mcgeary would be funfun

OP
Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
He deserves the next title shot. 2 good wins in a row and he gave both jones and Cormier great fights, I just want him to fight jones again and take him out if Cormier doesn't do the job first. I can't stand jones and I don't believe he should be in the ufc after everything he's done. Other fighters have been kicked out for less

Absolutely he deserves the next title shot. Personally, I don't think Jones should get an immediate title shot. He should have to fight for awhile and prove that he is still good. However, I don't think the UFC match makers really care. They feel the Cormier/Jones fight will sell. That is what they care about. I mean after all they were going to give George St. Pierre a title shot in a division up from where he competed as champion after three years of not fighting.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Absolutely he deserves the next title shot. Personally, I don't think Jones should get an immediate title shot. He should have to fight for awhile and prove that he is still good. However, I don't think the UFC match makers really care. They feel the Cormier/Jones fight will sell. That is what they care about. I mean after all they were going to give George St. Pierre a title shot in a division up from where he competed as champion after three years of not fighting.
I know a lot of people are talking about jimi manuwa getting the next shot but lets be honest his name won't sell many tickets and frankly I don't think he's good enough yet to fight for a title.

And as for the whole gsp thing I really don't know what's up there. Gsp says he has an eye injury that's why he can't fight yet and the ufc knew about it from day 1..so that makes no sense with them being upset about him not being ready.

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
Oh I dunno. Cormier has been on a good run, I think he deserves another shot at the champ ;)

OP
Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well the argument Martial D is that Cormier is "the champ" and that as of this moment Jones is not worthy in my opinion to get a title shot. Jones should have to have a few fights to prove he is worthy to get a shot at Cormier. I would have Gustafson ahead of Jones right now for the title shot at Cormier.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well the argument Martial D is that Cormier is "the champ" and that as of this moment Jones is not worthy in my opinion to get a title shot. Jones should have to have a few fights to prove he is worthy to get a shot at Cormier. I would have Gustafson ahead of Jones right now for the title shot at Cormier.
Agreed. I can't stand people saying Cormier isnt the real champ and jones is....jones screwed up and lost his title that's his own fault. DC took his opportunity and went with it. Jones got a chance to get it back but screwed himself up by taking steroids (oh sorry I mean dick pills) he's the one guy to get stripped of a title and a interim title and honestly he didn't look great against OSP at all

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Oh I dunno. Cormier has been on a good run, I think he deserves another shot at the champ ;)
Jones should feel lucky he's even allowed to fight in the ufc again after all the stuff he's done that's screwed the company over.

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ya, I get it. Yet, you gotta beat the champ to be the champ, and in that respect DC is 0-1

Latest Discussions