Guro Victor Rivera

ziason

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about Guro Victor Rivera. He is teaching Filipino Martial Arts with Kali near me and I am thinking about signing up. I just wanted to see if anyone has any experience with him and what you think of him.

lhommedieu

Black Belt
Reaction score
If you're referring to Victor Rivera of West Palm Beach, Florida, I can share the following:

I had the pleasure of meeting Victor several years ago when he visited my school for a couple of private lessons while he was travelling to New York to visit relatives (he had seen my website and was curious about what I taught - so he came all the way out to Queens to find out). About a year later he invited me down to Florida to teach a seminar and was a gracious host. I stayed at his beautiful home and he even took me to a horse show one afternoon.

Victor has an extensive background in both Western boxing and Chinese martial arts and I believe was introduced to the FMA's through Danny Inosanto. While I was there he was a student of both Raffy Pambuan and Gat Puno Abundio "Garimot" Baet. It's been a couple of years since we've corresponded, but he informed me the last time that he was training for Dog Brothers full-contact sparring. I'm not sure what he's been up to lately.

Victor has an extensive background in FMA's and would be an excellent choice for a teacher. He's also a very nice guy.

Best,

Steve Lamade

OP
ziason

ziason

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
If you're referring to Victor Rivera of West Palm Beach, Florida, I can share the following:

I had the pleasure of meeting Victor several years ago when he visited my school for a couple of private lessons while he was travelling to New York to visit relatives (he had seen my website and was curious about what I taught - so he came all the way out to Queens to find out). About a year later he invited me down to Florida to teach a seminar and was a gracious host. I stayed at his beautiful home and he even took me to a horse show one afternoon.

Victor has an extensive background in both Western boxing and Chinese martial arts and I believe was introduced to the FMA's through Danny Inosanto. While I was there he was a student of both Raffy Pambuan and Gat Puno Abundio "Garimot" Baet. It's been a couple of years since we've corresponded, but he informed me the last time that he was training for Dog Brothers full-contact sparring. I'm not sure what he's been up to lately.

Victor has an extensive background in FMA's and would be an excellent choice for a teacher. He's also a very nice guy.

Best,

Steve Lamade
This is a link to the studio offering his course. It is very near my house. It sounds like it would definetely be worth a look. Thanks for the info.

tim_stl

Yellow Belt
Reaction score

i second this. i see guro victor every year at the garimot retreat in florida, and look forward to seeing him every time. he's a great guy.

tim

Latest Discussions