Groin/kidney protector

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've not used A Faittex, but I have a Reyes boxing cup w/ hips extentions like that. I've had a heck of a time kicking comfortably in it. Its great for boxing, not for kicking.

OP
Jagermeister

Jagermeister

Blue Belt
Reaction score
So you just use a standard athletic cup when sparring?

AdrenalineJunky

Black Belt
Reaction score
Jagermeister said:
I suppose what I'm actually wondering is whether or not there is an advantage to the traditional steel cup (e.g. http://www.fairtexgear.com/html_documents/gear/gear_item.asp?p_id=62) or if the same cup that football or baseball players use will do just as well?

Cup check: Buy two of the plastic cups you want to use, take one outside, place it on the ground and see how many times you can stomp on it before it breaks. I go with steel. . .I go with Fairtex. The "no foul protector" is really more for a padman, than for sparring. It's good for sparring when you have a fight comming up and you want to train full speed, but don't want to get injured pre-fight.

OP
Jagermeister

Jagermeister

Blue Belt
Reaction score
AdrenalineJunky said:
Cup check: Buy two of the plastic cups you want to use, take one outside, place it on the ground and see how many times you can stomp on it before it breaks.

LOL. Point taken.

AdrenalineJunky

Black Belt
Reaction score
Jagermeister said:
LOL. Point taken.

Some plastic cups are durable, some aren't. You'll want to know before taking the unavoidable, accidental knee to the boys downstairs. ;)

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
For muay thai, I'd either go w/ a steel cup (it would serve your opponent to kick you there w/ that on!) or Ringside has a "kickiboxing cup" that is a bit bigger. Its still comfortable for kicking, tho.

Latest Discussions