Greetings from Taiwan

brianlkennedy

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I am from San Diego, California. I have lived here in Taiwan for the past 14 years. I am married to a Taiwanese. We live in San Chung city ([FONT=&#26032]三重市[/FONT]) just over the river from Taipei. I teach American criminal law here in Taiwan. My wife and I have written three books; two published in Chinese on law topics (witness examination and legal ethics) and one in english about Chinese martial arts. That one is titled Chinese Martial Arts Training Manuals: A Historical Survey. She and I also have been regularly writing for Classical Fighting Arts magazine for the past four years or so. She and I have started our next english language book which will be a book on Chinese Daoist training manuals of the Qing and Republican periods.

I started my practice of Chinese martial arts back when I first started university which was back in 1976. Over the years I have practiced hung gar, xingyiquan, taijiquan, western boxing, BJJ and some submission wrestling. Despite my 30 years of experience, my personal skill can best be described as "mediocre". I attribute this to my almost superhuman laziness combined with little natural athletic talent.

I look forward to meeting the folks here.
Take care,
Brian

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings Brian and Welcome to MT..Enjoy the forums..

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! :)

Mike

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome Brian, we hope you enjoy your stay.

kidswarrior

Senior Master
Reaction score
Welcome Brian! :) I've read several of your articles over the years. Found them well-written and informative. :ultracool

OP
B

brianlkennedy

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Thanks so much for the greetings and welcome messages. What a great welcome! I will take some time right now to have a look around and see what I can add to some of the discussions.

take care and thanks,
Brian

Latest Discussions