Greetings from Malaysia

XingyiMax

White Belt
Reaction score
G'day!

I'm a 40 years young guy for Malaysia, started martial arts training since 1982.

I'm focusing in Xingyiquan (Hsing I Chuan) and Taijiquan (Tai Chi Chuan) only nowadays, other martial arts which I've practiced before include Hong Gar, TaeKwonDo, Boxing, Muay Thai, Wing Chun, Wrestling ...

I'm still training twice a day, sharing the art of Xingyiquan to others for free during my free time, and go to China to continue my studies of Xingyiquan and Taijiquan every now and than.

My Blog: XingyiMax.com
My Website: wgWushu.net (in Chinese)

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Greetings, and welcome to the best forum on the net. Look around and see for yourself. It appears you are very knowledgeable. Enjoy.

OP
XingyiMax

XingyiMax

White Belt
Reaction score
Welcome

How long in Santi Shi?

What style of Xingyiquan?

What Style of Taijiquan?

Where do you go in China?

Thanx, "Student" (Xue Sheng), to answer your question:

1. How long in Santi Shi? Well, I've faced this question over and over again. Basically, it's not how long can you keep your posture, it is how long that you can keep your "correct frame" does matter. If you really wanna to know, I can only do it "properly" around 17 minutes, after that my body starts to adjust the posture naturally for comfort. On the issue of "correct Santishi posture", even my shifu (sifu) says he can not do it properly, the "correct posture" here simply means as close as the text book posture as possible.

2. What style of Xingyiquan? What Style of Taijiquan? In my humble opinion, the style of Xingyiquan and Taijiquan does not matter a lot. All Xingyiquan (or Taijiquan) shares the same core of concept and philosophy, the style is merely a thing that created by the new generations for flame and commercial purposes, which based upon the characteristics or the style that their predecessors performed or comprehend the art(s). As you may know, the great Sun Lutang and Yang Chengfu have never mentioned the term Sun style or Yong style. If you really wanna to know, the Xingyiquan that I am currently practicing should be characterised as Hebei Xingyiquan, the style of Taijiquan is referred as Yejiaquan (Ye's Family Boxing) by the Shanghai and Zhejiang martial arts circle which a sub-branch of Yang Style Taijiquan.

3. Where do you go in China? I go to Jiaxing City of Zhejiang Province, half an hour away from Shanghai by train.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
1. How long in Santi Shi? Well, I've faced this question over and over again. Basically, it's not how long can you keep your posture, it is how long that you can keep your "correct frame" does matter. If you really wanna to know, I can only do it "properly" around 17 minutes, after that my body starts to adjust the posture naturally for comfort. On the issue of "correct Santishi posture", even my shifu (sifu) says he can not do it properly, the "correct posture" here simply means as close as the text book posture as possible.

2. What style of Xingyiquan? What Style of Taijiquan? In my humble opinion, the style of Xingyiquan and Taijiquan does not matter a lot. All Xingyiquan (or Taijiquan) shares the same core of concept and philosophy, the style is merely a thing that created by the new generations for flame and commercial purposes, which based upon the characteristics or the style that their predecessors performed or comprehend the art(s). As you may know, the great Sun Lutang and Yang Chengfu have never mentioned the term Sun style or Yong style. If you really wanna to know, the Xingyiquan that I am currently practicing should be characterised as Hebei Xingyiquan, the style of Taijiquan is referred as Yejiaquan (Ye's Family Boxing) by the Shanghai and Zhejiang martial arts circle which a sub-branch of Yang Style Taijiquan.
3. Where do you go in China? I go to Jiaxing City of Zhejiang Province, half an hour away from Shanghai by train.

Thank you

I train Yang Style Taijiquan for many years - Tung Ying Chieh (董英杰) branch

I have traing Chen style

I also trained Hebei Style Xingyiquan as well

And been to Beijing

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, ...or Aloha..from Hawaii...."Please join in and share your views"!

Aloha again!!

Latest Discussions