Government Grant

Nicholas82555

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Has anyone ever heard of a government grant to train in the martial arts. I know people can apply to open a martial arts school but I don't see why there wouldn't be one for training if the objective is to become an instructor????

The only problem I possible see is Uncle Sam not recognizing legitimate well ran organization as being an accredited institution.

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Has anyone ever heard of a government grant to train in the martial arts. I know people can apply to open a martial arts school but I don't see why there wouldn't be one for training if the objective is to become an instructor????

The only problem I possible see is Uncle Sam not recognizing legitimate well ran organization as being an accredited institution.

The only government subsidy for martial arts that I ever heard of comes under the heading of elite military training.

Now if you had a scholarship or grant to an accredited college or university that offered martial arts courses in its curriculum, that would be different. Unfortunately, few colleges offer such classes for credit, and those that do typically offer courses that are intro level PE electives... about like a YMCA class. Not a bad place to start, but hardly instructor-track training!

Latest Discussions