Good schools in Greensboro NC?

redfang

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I'll be moving soon to Greensboro NC. Does anyone know of any good schools there, regardless of style? I'm changing professions and because of this am thinking about changing styles. While the shootfighting that I study has practical applications that will help me with my work, I have been thinking about studying something along the lines of hapkido, aikido, jujitsu, bjj.

C

CurtisB

Hey! I don’t now about Greensboro but I train in Winston-Salem. We have a curriculum that is unique in this area. It is modern JKD using modified techniques taken from Boxing, mui thai, savate, Greco-Roman, BJJ and catch wrestling. It is totally self defense oriented.

We cover all three ranges of fighting (stand up, clench, and ground). The ground work is mainly BJJ but we add in catch as catch can because of the leg locks and other things, also the old JKD trapping relay doesn’t work that well under pressure so it has been replaced with modified Greco-Roman hand fighting and clench work. Our web site has been down for updating but I can get you the info if you like.

By the way a little about myself I've always wanted to train in this but never had the chance now that I can I take great pains to do so. I'm 38 years old, work 12-hour swing shifts and live 37 miles away (Lexington). But I’m still there whenever I’m not working.