Good Luck CeiCei!

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Everybody think good thoughts and send good luck(s) to CeiCei who'll be testing for her green belt today (5/26/04). I was her "practice dummy" last night and I'm still smarting from a couple of err "contacts" :rolleyes: But she's done well and says she's feeling good and feeling confident, just has that bit of pre-test nerves.
You go woman! You can do it! :partyon:
(Hugs)

R

RCastillo

Yep, we're all waitin' to see that nice green stiff belt. :asian:

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Do your best and it will be more than enough. We'll be waiting to see the report on how well the test went. :asian:

Rick Wade

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Best of luck.

you will pass the test but you already knew that :btg:

Sorry I'm not the oricle.

You will do fine.

C

c2kenpo

I know how tests are.
Good luck and rememeber your instructor would not test you if they did not already think you are ready to test and to earn your rank.

And now since it is 8:05 est and I feel good thoughts.!!!

:partyon:

David Gunzburg

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Best wishes on your test - I suppose its over by now. I didn't get on the wagon soon enough. Is Green high in Kenpo? Never matter, it sounds like you worked hard for it. God Bless You!

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
TigerWoman said:
Best wishes on your test - I suppose its over by now. I didn't get on the wagon soon enough. Is Green high in Kenpo? Never matter, it sounds like you worked hard for it. God Bless You!
Yes, as a green belt she will be a brownbelt waiting to happen. :asian:
Sean

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You go! You have been testing for it for month already, this is just the culmination of all the work you have put in to date. Nobody ever feels like they did great ... well maybe some people, but the rest of us mortals are usually more self-critical than those who are grading you.

Do your best and stay strong.

Oss,
-Michael

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Michael Billings said:
You go! You have been testing for it for month already, this is just the culmination of all the work you have put in to date. Nobody ever feels like they did great ... well maybe some people, but the rest of us mortals are usually more self-critical than those who are grading you.

Do your best and stay strong.

Oss,
-Michael
Yeah..... What he said!!!

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Thank you all for your wishes, luck, and encouragement!

Yes, I just recently finished my test. It was tough...harder than the ones I have had. I practiced and practiced and basically fried my brain and body preparing for it during the week. MACaver was generous enough to be my dummy for a few hours last night to give me good attacks (not like the "perfect" prescribed attacks that sometimes happen in the dojo). There are some advantages to having a partner who doesn't study Kenpo.

Anyway, there were 3 others besides me testing (1 for orange belt and 2 for purple belt). I was the only one going for green. The instructors kept me "running" without a break through all the forms, line forms, sets, weapons sets, all the way up through the ranks until I reached my test rank level. Whew! Talk about a work-out!

We then did a technique line going through yellow-purple techniques. By the time the 3 others were excused as they had done all they could, the instructors then broke out of their static attack position. What they did instead, was to circle around me attacking, with the evaluator calling out any technique ranging from yellow through green at random. I am expected to do it solidly and hard, watching for whichever instructor would be attacking.

I actually enjoyed this test because I liked the randomness of the attacks and the ability to move around. I enjoyed being allowed to make hard contact. It had more of a feel of being on the defense and it was fun showing off what I knew. I knew I worked hard and earned my green belt.

Thank you again for your cheering!! :partyon:

- Ceicei