Good bye Mt hello real world

oaktree

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I remember ten years ago martial talk use to be a great place to talk lots of great discussions, great members too.
Then Bob sold it and it started to down grade at least to me. Maybe I have grown out of forums or to tired to answer the same rehash questions or bored to the what if battles of who's martial art is the real deadly.

Looking at martial talk now, I piety it spending all those times arguing, discussing moot points instead of actually engaging in the real world.

Anyway I just wanted to say I have moved on there is no reason to log in anymore and I suggest you do the same.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
10 years ago? You joined 7 years ago, big guy. :rolleyes:

When I joined, MT was far more contentious than it is now. It was over run by conservative, right wing nutjobs, at least one fake judo black belt, and threads being locked on a daily basis because either the WC guys or the TKD guys were going bonkers on each other.

Good luck and god speed.

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
I remember ten years ago martial talk use to be a great place to talk lots of great discussions, great members too.
Then Bob sold it and it started to down grade at least to me. Maybe I have grown out of forums or to tired to answer the same rehash questions or bored to the what if battles of who's martial art is the real deadly.

Looking at martial talk now, I piety it spending all those times arguing, discussing moot points instead of actually engaging in the real world.

Anyway I just wanted to say I have moved on there is no reason to log in anymore and I suggest you do the same.
Fine fine..up till the last sentence. Some of us like this place. Don't let the door hit you and all that.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I still like reading everyone's thoughts on Martial Arts.

I like it here. :)

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
images

Hey one of my randon spoutings wound up in your sig Buka.

Brian King

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Good luck Oaktree. I will miss reading your opinions and experiences. If you ever feel the urge I hope that you scratch it and post.
Regards
Brian King

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
I couldn't tell you what is was like here 10 years ago so I can't say if it's gone down hill. You will be missed, good luck to you.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I couldn't tell you what is was like here 10 years ago so I can't say if it's gone down hill. You will be missed, good luck to you.

Much the same lol. People and trolls come and go, it's like the sea the site rises and falls. people leave on breaks, come back, some people come to pick on people to make themselves feel better, some people carry grudges for years, some people never take anything seriously, some people take nothing seriously, most are just genuine nice people....it's just like real life really except no swearing :D

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

I always thought Oak Tree was in my way. Or at least that is the song that pops in my head when, I read the name. :)

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
i am going to miss the avatar of the lesbians kissing

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
You can't engage in the real world and be part of the message board?

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I always get a chuckle out of "real world statements" If you are communicating with people from all over the world then it's real world. But with that said, if I find out that Martial Talk has a bunch of robots that send out responses to my posts then I'm going to be pissed. CB Jones you better not be Ai software.

Granted Martial talk takes up a lot of my time. I do learn from the quality post here even if they are few in topic. They tend to occur as tangents to some other topic.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
You guys did hear about the fb ai that was inventing its own language.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

There is a meme that used to go around with all these people on a train station. All of them are on phones except one guy. And something about something.

Now I have waited on train stations pre phone days he is not the enlightened one.