Going back in time

bully

Purple Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had a couple of free hours this afternoon....

cough *sunday hangover* cough

Started on the last page of the WC forum and worked my way back reading threads which caught my eye. Some great info that I wouldn't have specifically searched for on here.

Got to page 31, will keep going.

Worth doing for the newer members like myself who want some extra reading.

A shame that some of the posters are not here anymore Yipman_Sifu being one of them.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We've got some great info buried in past discussions. I miss some of the folks who contributed to them. Good stuff. :)

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That's why I don't understand the people on this forum that condemn those that revive old threads. There is a treasure of them.

Tensei85

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm with you, I've been checking out MT since around "06" as a guest & it's always had a lot of great info! So kudo's to all that have posted thus far & continue to do so.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's why I don't understand the people on this forum that condemn those that revive old threads. There is a treasure of them.
Reviving an old thread can be great; you can find things that you missed the first time or that you never even saw.

Where it gets tiresome and frustrating is when a thread gets revived that everyone wishes would just die, like one of the innumerable MMA vs TMA battles or something else that's just been beat to death... That, or when someone revives an old thread only to repeat something that was said in it several times. Like if someone revived one of the threads about the Nokia Bruce Lee ping-pong ad, just to say "it's fake."

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm referring more to threads that are revived by new members. They are obviously reading through the catalog of threads for the first time and want to post a response, only to be shot down by someone who thinks they have no right to bring up a thread that might be 2 years old or more.

My advice to those that shoot em down. Don't read the ****ing post if it bothers you so much. Move on.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Official Policy - kick em back up and see if they take off anew.

Tensei85

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Reviving an old thread can be great; you can find things that you missed the first time or that you never even saw.

Where it gets tiresome and frustrating is when a thread gets revived that everyone wishes would just die, like one of the innumerable MMA vs TMA battles or something else that's just been beat to death... That, or when someone revives an old thread only to repeat something that was said in it several times. Like if someone revived one of the threads about the Nokia Bruce Lee ping-pong ad, just to say "it's fake."

Hey hey, for the record that Bruce Lee ad was not fake... Misintrepreted but not fake!