GM Chen ZhengLei, Oct 25 - Annapolis area

bgfun

White Belt
Reaction score
Details and register on-line at:

18 Posture (Essence) Form
Monday, October 25, 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm

The 18 form takes the essential movements of LaoJia YiLu and removes much of the repetition to create a short form that retains the essence of YiLu without requiring as much time to learn or to perform. This is an ideal form for beginners who want to gain the benefits of practicing YiLu in a shorter amount of time. The experienced practitioner will gain the benefits of being able to refine movements directly applicable to YiLu as well as learning a useful form to teach to beginners or to practice when time constraints don't allow you to practice the full form. Learn this form from the person who created it!
The Monday workshop will be at:
Jing Ying Institute, 1195 Baltimore Annapolis Blvd #6, Arnold MD 21012

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
All I can say is go.

I have meant Chen Sifu, had lunch with him and trained with him as well.

My wife has also been his translator on two occasions and he is highly skilled, knowledgeable and serious about Chen Taijiquan.

If he lived closer to my area or if I ever found myself in Henan province, I beleive in Zhengzhou, I know what and where I would be training

oaktree

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Chen Zheng Lei is a great teacher his son and daughter are remarkable.
I hope to train with Chen Juan or her student when I am in Guangzhou.

My teacher has hosted Chen Zheng Lei and his son.

I wish you success with the meeting.

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
He's coming here to ATL soon (or just was here)...

I still have to meet my teacher's teacher Chen Zhong Hua before I go meeting other folks.

Although I met one of CZL's students in Beijing teaching TianTan park. Qiang was his name. He married one of CZL's nieces & stayed there in the village at the school for 20 years before heading out to Beijing.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
He's coming here to ATL soon (or just was here)...

I still have to meet my teacher's teacher Chen Zhong Hua before I go meeting other folks.

Although I met one of CZL's students in Beijing teaching TianTan park. Qiang was his name. He married one of CZL's nieces & stayed there in the village at the school for 20 years before heading out to Beijing.

Qiang you say... :hmm:

Tiantan park you say.... :hmm:

Beijing you say.... :hmm:

I shall have to file that one away for future reference.

I saw a guy in Tiantan doing some rather impressive Chen but I did not get his name...may or may not have been the same guy.

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yeah when I met him, he was teaching on the South Gate Bridge/Elevated Road thingy like around 730-ish or so. That'd be AM by the way...

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Yeah when I met him, he was teaching on the South Gate Bridge/Elevated Road thingy like around 730-ish or so. That'd be AM by the way...

Thanks, the guy I saw was between the North and the West gate but it was close to 7:30.

Next time I am there I may just hav to go to the South Gate at 7:30 Thanks :asian: