Global Fandom

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This may step a little close, but not meant to cause offence. I like the Steelers and the Penguin's as a favourite set of teams in the NFL and NHL. But I am not a fan as I was not born in Pittsburgh, nor am I likely to see them live. Now while I am not Liverpool born, I am an Evertonian through a distant family link, although could be a tenuous one. However, I know the history of my club, have been to Goodson, and have cried when we escaped relegation on the last game of the season, have had tears of joy when we won the FA Cup in 95. Etc.

Now I only know about American sports through TV, as such I could not call myself a true fan. I have never visited said country, if I did I would head for Charlotte Speedway for defo. Anyway, I do take umbridge with so called fans of Everton who put a shirt on just because of global TV, global commercial links etc. I am wrong in this viewpoint?

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
You're a fan, bro. Being a sports fan, there really isn't right and wrong in opinion. It's just fun. :)

I've been the fan of some teams for a really long time. Yet, I've never been to an away game to see them, despite ample opportunities. Maybe I can't call myself a true fan, either. But I don't care!

God, I so enjoy being a sports fan.

Latest Discussions