glenn morris

jlewin

White Belt
Reaction score
I used to enjoy reading things by glenn morris. he was one of the bigger names in the bujinkan crowd for a little while i think. before he started his own thing focussing mainly on meditation, kundalini yoga etc. I was checking for new books etc by him recently and realized that he died sometime last year. Curious if anybody knows how he died? I didn't look to him for instruction really but always enjoyed his books and had a few email discussions with him about them. seemed like a real nice guy.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I met him in passing at a Doran Navon seminar in Michigan at the UofM a long, long, long time ago. Real interesting to talk with if not to train with. Though I would not characterize him as a big name in the Bujinkan. I believe he has a couple of people still teaching his lineage.

stephen

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Curious if anybody knows how he died?

I believe he died of a heart attack or some other silimar sudden 'natural' occurence the beginning of April last year.

There is/was some controversy concerning his specific wishes as to how he wanted Hoshin to be handled.

Kichigai-no-Okami

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Had the honor of meeting and training with Glenn at the 2003 Tai Kai in Illinois. Spoke to him about his "Awakening" in the Kundalini and the things that had led up to it, as well as having ears, lips and limbs being twisted and ravaged by him. Very honest and respectful guy that will be truley missed. Came to learn about his death in the same way.

Latest Discussions